de Wildt.(for the guys who rode Maraisburg last Sunday)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin_ZA

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
After last Sunday's ride on the 950 SE with Cracker and the group I decided that I deserved the right to cheat a bit and use the little 250. Awesome ride ,  but a tip for fathers riding with their son's. Do not believe them when they say it will be an easy ride!!

Attachments

• De Wildt Dec 001.jpg
    De Wildt Dec 001.jpg
    120.3 KB
  • De Wildt Dec 033.jpg
    De Wildt Dec 033.jpg
    89.4 KB
  • De Wildt Dec 053.jpg
    De Wildt Dec 053.jpg
    82 KB
  • De Wildt Dec 038.jpg
    De Wildt Dec 038.jpg
    86.7 KB
  • De Wildt Dec 005.jpg
    De Wildt Dec 005.jpg
    78.8 KB
Cracker, EATMYKTM and Mark. Should be good training  for the Amegeza on the heavier bikes

Attachments

• De Wildt Dec 037.jpg
    De Wildt Dec 037.jpg
    77.7 KB
  • De Wildt Dec 020.jpg
    De Wildt Dec 020.jpg
    85 KB
  • De Wildt Dec 007.jpg
    De Wildt Dec 007.jpg
    84.8 KB
  • De Wildt Dec 041.jpg
    De Wildt Dec 041.jpg
    58.4 KB
  • De Wildt Dec 016.jpg
    De Wildt Dec 016.jpg
    71.8 KB
de Wildt is always fun with a big bike... so when we going? ? ?

Keep me posted - long long time since I been there - looks better than I remember

small or big bike - I'm keen

Which part of Dewildt is shown in the pictures above?

Been there twice but have never seen those particular sections?

I'm not sure our current route really is going where we should.

Daai klippe lyk flippen erg.  Enige iemand action video daarvan?

De Wildt is so diverse - a bit of everything. Hoping the bones will be rested by Sunday. Oh yea - must still look at the GoPro footage. Think it will be great.

Great photo's Kevin, thanks for posting  !!!!!¡

It's holiday time  - any day will do - if you guys keen for next week or the following ....................  :thumleft:

Cracker said:
It's holiday time  - any day will do - if you guys keen for next week or the following ....................  :thumleft:
How about Wed 26 Old Police Station. 6.30am Will be technical and hot. Been done on 690's and 950's but will rather take my 250. Not to offend but seriously not GS country. Not responsible for damage on bike etc. Not many escape routes. Dirt bike country ...not really DS riding.

My advice, don't try it on anything bigger than a 650/690 and also one that is more road orientated, jy gaan kak. I rode my Zaar and the next biggest bike in the group was a 300 exc. So yeah I am old and unfit but it was the first time ever in my life that in some sections the okes had to wait for me to catch up. The Zaar is sold so next time I go, I'll borrow a plastic and do some waiting again.

The Zaar at the half way point of our route.

Attachments

• Copy of 17122011082.jpg
    Copy of 17122011082.jpg
    433.1 KB
Baglady said:
Cracker, EATMYKTM and Mark. Should be good training  for the Amegeza on the heavier bikes

Dig the photos, makes me want to go there at dawn tomorrow!!!! Anybody got a plastic to lend me?

xTzar said:
Baglady said:

Dig the photos, makes me want to go there at dawn tomorrow!!!! Anybody got a plastic to lend me?

Going for a ride from the old Police Station tomorrow 6.15. Welcome to join.

Cracker said:
keen on wednesday 26th - on the plastic - that's assuming I don't throw my name away on xmas day!

Sounds great. See you on Wed

Baglady said:
Cracker said:
keen on wednesday 26th - on the plastic - that's assuming I don't throw my name away on xmas day!

Sounds great. See you on Wed
Need to postpone. Family commitments. Grand kids coming up from Cape Town for xmas.
Did a recce today. 89kms 3hrs20 mins. Take note of what  xTzar said. Not suited for big bikes.
Will post route later if you still want to do the ride on Wed.  Take lots of water.
3 fences nice and flat.
Enjoy!!!!!

Ja, I would like the route - Although I've been there I don't know my way around very well.

Also might not go on Wednesday either,  but will push it forward a day or 2.

Doc said I can't ride until February 2013!!!!  :(    Ligaments, can I go without them?!?

Cracker said:
Ja, I would like the route - Although I've been there I don't know my way around very well.

Also might not go on Wednesday either,  but will push it forward a day or 2.

Will do - how about Fri or Sat?