de Wildt.(for the guys who rode Maraisburg last Sunday)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Koos van den Heever said:
Doc said I can't ride until February 2013!!!!  :(    Ligaments, can I go without them?!?

Not nice - hope you mend soon. Go well !

Either day works for me - why not start a thread in planning a ride and see if we can snag some other dogs?

We did Mont Lavinia yesterday - good ride with some good company - had a strenuous workout over a small koppie (thanks, Splash  >:D). A lot of closed/locked farm gates, though - don't know why???

Cracker said:
Either day works for me - why not start a thread in planning a ride and see if we can snag some other dogs?

We did Mont Lavinia yesterday - good ride with some good company - had a strenuous workout over a small koppie (thanks, Splash  >:D). A lot of closed/locked farm gates, though - don't know why???
Fri 6.30 p.m  Will try upload track at work on Thurs. Used small fotrex gps and no drivers on laptop. Maybe recce  on Fri and then do a ride thread stipulating difficulty etc.  Think Fri ride must only be for plastics. Will do about 80km. Will confirm Thurs pm as black turf may too muddy if it rains  a lot on Thurs. May then need to leave from  Morula.

Just got note that a family friend is coming to JHB tomorrow and I might have to take him plastic riding on Thursday at Maraisburg - making Friday a bit iffy. BUT might just be able to wing both Thursday and Friday ............ let's see  :thumleft:

Cracker said:
Just got note that a family friend is coming to JHB tomorrow and I might have to take him plastic riding on Thursday at Maraisburg - making Friday a bit iffy. BUT might just be able to wing both Thursday and Friday ............ let's see  :thumleft:
Hope you can make it. De Wildt is awesome.
Directions to old Police Station. (just follow someone- normally plenty on the way)
N1 NORTH N4 to Brits. Take the Pta West turnoff...turn right over the highway. Turn left at T junction towards Brits R566. Travel 9.3km and turn right on small tarred rd.
S25 37 624
E027 56.763

Cracker said:
k, I'm in for Friday - might bring a couple extras - all on plastics
Cool...will get my son and his friend to lead. My bones are getting a bit  slow.
Should be quite on a Fri...might be parked at the back. Blue Toyota bakkie. 0827841269 (Kevin)

does no body want to go play in de Wildt with a "real" dirt bike.... i.e. something  that has more weight ext ext ext  :pot:

madmike999 said:
does no body want to go play in de Wildt with a "real" dirt bike.... i.e. something  that has more weight ext ext ext  :pot:
I do !!!
There are certainly areas where we can ride with the bigger bikes but I think it will be a bit heavy going tomorrow.
Maybe next week we can do railway line roads from near Cullinan to De Wildt, a bit of de Wildt etc and back again.

madmike999 said:

I have a DS route for De Wildt - also from the police station. If you guys are keen I'll put up a post - rope in a few more hooligans.

Cracker said:
madmike999 said:

I have a DS route for De Wildt - also from the police station. If you guys are keen I'll put up a post - rope in a few more hooligans.

Could you please post the GPS track if you have one?

k, let's try.

Open file and see 3 tracks. De Wildt DS is the one - I last rode it about 3 years ago so it will have changed on the ground.

DO NOT try wakey shakey on your DS - you will overheat and die!!!

Cracker said:
k, let's try.

Open file and see 3 tracks. De Wildt DS is the one - I last rode it about 3 years ago so it will have changed on the ground.

Brilliant!

Thanks very much.

What plastic bike do you use?

I'm in for the DS ride haven't got a "plastic "any more !!!!

alanB said:
Cracker said:
k, let's try.

Brilliant!

Thanks very much.

What plastic bike do you use?

klx450

[quote aut
hor=Baglady link=topic=113987.msg2217380#msg2217380 date=1356546134]
Cracker said:
k, I'm in for Friday - might bring a couple extras - all on plastics
Cool...will get my son and his friend to lead. My bones are getting a bit  slow.
Should be quite on a Fri...might be parked at the back. Blue Toyota bakkie. 0827841269 (Kevin)
[/quote]

Weather looks good...will do a bit of 3 fences, rest at Menlyn and then the fun begins.
See you all at the old Police Station. Leave at 6.30. Please remember to make sure the rider behind you manages to get through a technical section before you carry on. Not like my son who abandoned me  along a rockey section when my bike was wedged between 2 rocks. And the worst !!!  I am too slow to roost them. Sounds like someone can do it for me tomorrow. Oh yea... and splash his friend on the KX250.

oh-oh!! We're in shit!

One Splash is more than enough but if there's 2 of them ..............  :peepwall:

My number, in case of ---------- 083 two nine two 2525 ----------- Rob

You got the track?  in case we get left behind ?

Cracker said:
oh-oh!! We're in shit!

One Splash is more than enough but if there's 2 of them ..............  :peepwall:

My number, in case of ---------- 083 two nine two 2525 ----------- Rob

You got the track?  in case we get left behind ?

No problem. I have the track and will sweep. Very sad but I need to accept the fact that I am old and slow.
Stuggled to download the track as my laptop does not have the serial/usb driver.
Someone please  bring a gps to track.

See what I miss when my baby throws my iPad off the balcony

Can't make this but am keen for a DS ride early in 13