de Wildt.(for the guys who rode Maraisburg last Sunday)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all for a great ride. Excellent track and good company, and best of all, De Wildt almost to ourselves. Only crossed the tracks of two other bikes. Even better, the ground was damp, so no dust. What a day to play on plastic bikes.

It's been years since I've been to De Wildt - always seemed so far away. But after yesterday's ride, I'll be back there again. Thx, Baglady, was a great ride, a pity you missed most of it.
Nice and flowing with hardly any stops. the bike didn't overheat but I did  :-[

Cracker said:
It's been years since I've been to De Wildt - always seemed so far away. But after yesterday's ride, I'll be back there again. Thx, Baglady, was a great ride, a pity you missed most of it.
Nice and flowing with hardly any stops. the bike didn't overheat but I did  :-[
Splash said:
Thanks all for a great ride. Excellent track and good company, and best of all, De Wildt almost to ourselves. Only crossed the tracks of two other bikes. Even better, the ground was damp, so no dust. What a day to play on plastic bikes.
Even the bit I did was great. We normally do a de Wildt ride 2 - 3 times a month. Mostly on Sundays so contact me on my cell if you want to join.

Kevin, just post some of them if you like. I'd like to join but never really know when - so just put up a one-liner with a date and time.

I'm gonna do that with plastic or DS rides from now on at maraisburg and if dogs wanna pull in, they can.

If no-one pitches, I'll be there anyway with non-dogs.

if you like that type of riding, check out family adventures on the web. Glenn puts together some really good day rides through public and private land. Marked like an enduro/off-road race, you do it in your own time without being surrounded by others.

Cracker said:
Kevin, just post some of them if you like. I'd like to join but never really know when - so just put up a one-liner with a date and time.

I'm gonna do that with plastic or DS rides from now on at maraisburg and if dogs wanna pull in, they can.

If no-one pitches, I'll be there anyway with non-dogs.

if you like that type of riding, check out family adventures on the web. Glenn puts together some really good day rides through public and private land. Marked like an enduro/off-road race, you do it in your own time without being surrounded by others.
Thanks....good idea. Any ideas on the DS rides as I think, on the route that we did, by the time we hit the soccer field most people will be very tired, me for one !!!!

i've got a track worked out - you'll recognise some but we won't do 3 fences - too many broken trees in the river and getting the heavies through the thick sand could get tiresome. Will keep it for another day........ >:D

Route based on a ride we did a few years back, some on 950s and 990s, so should be ok. Won't be going near Menlyn though, will get drinks elsewhere.

Its the whoops that're gonna kill us, though. We just take it a bit easier and stop for the smokers - hopefully we got some  :thumleft:

I've got a secondary track - just in case

Thanks for organising,  understand your M/O now, just because you ride up it doesn't mean were going that way LOL  !!!!!!!!!!