Eastern Free State down memory lane ramble . . . ings . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JK

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
I am very sure that there is a lot of other riders/groups that are in the same situation, but i could see that we (Our little adventure riding group) are really struggling to get back to our pre-Covid riding levels. Life after Covid has thrown different challenges to each one of our members and we have not seen a lot of riding activity within the group or individuals as such.. I sure am hoping that these challenges for us and all the other groups/riders out there will turn for the better and that all will be able to get back to do what we love so much. . . . And that is riding the dirt roads of this beautiful country.:cool:

I had some time available and managed to get away on the bike from around the 28th of March and decided to go and visit the Eastern Free State tracing my steps from where i was born, to spending some time in high school, but basically just trying to spend as most time as possible where there will be big skies and beautiful sandstone rock formations. Dont know why but these sandstone rocks does wonders for the soul :cool:

So it was:
* 28 March 2023 - Leave LA (Lower Alberton) at around 13h00 heading for Senekal on dirt roads that i picked up just outside of Sasolburg.
* 29 March - Senekal to Marquard where i was born 55 years ago and then on to Ficksburg, where i lost my virginity o_O but that is a story for R&P for later ;)
* 30 March - Spend the day in Ficksburg and surrounds
* 31 March - Ficksburg to Clarens
* 1 April - Clarens and surrounds
* 2 April - Head back to Gauteng

Last edited:

Last edited: