Esselbank on a 990 the way it should be done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hinksding said:
Kyk hier, ek weet ek gaan nou bietjie slack vat vir die ene en wil nie soos 2SD klink wat alewig ander ouens se threads kak hap nie, maar ek het so bietjie meer verwag van die video omdat ek 'n vorige RR van Mambat gesien het op sy ou 1150.

Ekt daai selle pad agter Mof op sy HP gery en hyt dieselle stuff gedoen, al verskil was hyt heelpad gesit.

Mambat, ek sal dit regtig like om jou eendag te ontmoet en jou te sien perform op daai Ktm en try byhou op my much hated 1200.  :thumleft:

Hiers iets soos ek vir Mambat verwag ry.....en meer.

Hi Hinkies

It will be great if we could do a ride together someday!
Thanks for posting that Nam pic, brought back great memories.
For me it's not about the speed or how fast somebody is but more about being out there
In beautiful scenery with mates on BIKES......that is what is important!
The guys mentioned above I have never ridden with but am sure I could learn much from them
To improve my skill and safety margin at speed while still having fun!
Whenever I am out there I try improve my riding by trying different things, suspension settings etc
I have been riding for more than 35 years from motocross to super bikes and on adv bikes for the last 10 years so some degree of skill I should have just from shear experience, however I have huge respect for guys like Dave (Rough Rider) who only started riding in his late thirties and man can he hustle on a bike!
Also it was awesome to be out with DougC who is carrying a severe injury and has a debilitating chronic condition that would leave most men at home BUT here he is in his fifties out on a bike absorbing up
All the skill and saddle time he can to improve and let me tell you he moves on that KLR that for me
Is far more impressive than being able to go quickly over Eselbank  :thumleft:

Look forward to a ride together Hinkies......

Buff said:
Hinkies, believe me boet, there was plenty of that and more. The problem is there's no footage of that because Mambat was so freaking far ahead of us that we couldn't shoot any of it  ;D
Once I put my video together you will get a slightly better idea... I hope.

There's a few guys on this forum that are extremely talented and can ride a bike like they stole it, Kamanya, Legedema, Tau, GJ, 2StrokeDan, Mof, daai klong vannie Weskus, yourself and now Mambat... and a few others as well.

So who's the best?? I dont know, why dont you guys enter the Amageza and show us?  ;D

Let's face it though, that's not what it's all about. All the guys had fun out there, from the 610 Husky to the 1200's. As long as we're all riding bikes, then all is good with the world  ;)

I could not have put it better myself Brett!

:ricky:

Mambat said:
Hinksding said:
Kyk hier, ek weet ek gaan nou bietjie slack vat vir die ene en wil nie soos 2SD klink wat alewig ander ouens se threads kak hap nie, maar ek het so bietjie meer verwag van die video omdat ek 'n vorige RR van Mambat gesien het op sy ou 1150.

Ekt daai selle pad agter Mof op sy HP gery en hyt dieselle stuff gedoen, al verskil was hyt heelpad gesit.

Mambat, ek sal dit regtig like om jou eendag te ontmoet en jou te sien perform op daai Ktm en try byhou op my much hated 1200.  :thumleft:

Hi Hinkies

For me it's not about the speed or how fast somebody is but more about being out there
The guys mentioned above I have never ridden with but am sure I could learn much from them
Whenever I am out there I try improve my riding by trying different things, suspension settings etc
I have been riding for more than 35 years from motocross to super bikes and on adv bikes for the last 10 years so some degree of skill I should have just from shear experience, however I have huge respect for guys like Dave (Rough Rider) who only started riding in his late thirties and man can he hustle on a bike!
Also it was awesome to be out with DougC who is carrying a severe injury and has a debilitating chronic condition that would leave most men at home BUT here he is in his fifties out on a bike absorbing up
All the skill and saddle time he can to improve and let me tell you he moves on that KLR that for me

:thumleft: :ricky: :thumleft: :ricky: :thumleft:

Let's go!! I'm pretty sure you'll be able to give me a tip or two on how to steer my aircraft carrier a bit better

Hinksding said:
Mambat said:
Hinksding said:

Hi Hinkies

:thumleft: :ricky: :thumleft: :ricky: :thumleft:

Let's go!! I'm pretty sure you'll be able to give me a tip or two on how to steer my aircraft carrier a bit better

Anytime in the New Year....  :thumleft:

:ricky:

Great video, been down that road in a bakkie and was wishing I was on my bike all the way!

Its a very beautiful part of the country - you guys are very lucky to have it in reasonable riding distance.

Ideal terrain for a 990/950 - fast flowing road, not too technical.  Staying with one in those conditions is no mean feat.

(I was at De Wildt this Sunday - we got hopelessly lost so 130 odd k's took the whole day :biggrin:.  But had a great time riding fast single tracks - some of it very slick black mud but also a fair amount of deepish sand  - the 610 handled it all (especially jumping those nice whoops) very well!  :thumleft:)

alanB said:
Great video, been down that road in a bakkie and was wishing I was on my bike all the way!

Its a very beautiful part of the country - you guys are very lucky to have it in reasonable riding distance.

Ideal terrain for a 990/950 - fast flowing road, not too technical.  Staying with one in those conditions is no mean feat.

(I was at De Wildt this Sunday - we got hopelessly lost so 130 odd k's took the whole day :biggrin:.  But had a great time riding fast single tracks - some of it very slick black mud but also a fair amount of deepish sand  - the 610 handled it all (especially jumping those nice whoops) very well!  :thumleft:)

The 610 is a very nice bike which is hugely capable but is not always given the recognition it deserves  :thumleft:

I spend the last two days riding a friends KTM Freeride, which surprising felt very similar to the 610, albeit a bit lighter.

Rough Rider said:
alanB said:

Ideal terrain for a 990/950 - fast flowing road, not too technical.  Staying with one in those conditions is no mean feat.

(I was at De Wildt this Sunday - we got hopelessly lost so 130 odd k's took the whole day :biggrin:.  But had a great time riding fast single tracks - some of it very slick black mud but also a fair amount of deepish sand  - the 610 handled it all (especially jumping those nice whoops) very well!  :thumleft:)

The 610 is a very nice bike which is hugely capable but is not always given the recognition it deserves  :thumleft:

I spend the last two days riding a friends KTM Freeride, which surprising felt very similar to the 610, albeit a bit lighter.

The 610 must have felt heaps lighter than the XT you rode yesterday!

Mambat said:
Rough Rider said:
alanB said:

The XT is an overweight tractor with no power  ;D

Rough Rider said:
Mambat said:
Rough Rider said:
alanB said:

Even so...... It's mighty impressive how you ride that tractor, slicks for tyres included!

:eek:

Mambat said:
Rough Rider said:
Mambat said:
Rough Rider said:
alanB said:

The XT is an overweight tractor with no power  ;D

Even so...... It's mighty impressive how you ride that tractor, slicks for tyres included!

You are too kind  ;)
You would not have been very impressed with my Atlantis performance this morning though  :-\
I got arm pump in both arms from the shoulders to the tips of my fingers in 5 minutes flat and then kakked for the next 2.5 hours :'(

Mambat said:
Rough Rider said:
Mambat said:
Rough Rider said:
alanB said:

I can hardly believe that I managed to find the time to do this route twice in two weeks  ;D

Some screen shots of Mambat   ;)

12-31-2012_023_zpsea7b34ef.jpg

12-31-2012_001_zps6d28f12e.jpg

12-31-2012_044_zps2a6b7832.jpg

12-31-2012_076_zpsbc18cc61.jpg

12-31-2012_309_zpsecd9a7cb.jpg

12-31-2012_215_zps19b0a92a.jpg

12-31-2012_366_zpsecc0827d.jpg

Swanniebraai said:
Wat is julle spoed omtrent?

As with all off-road riding it varies a lot depending on the road; up and down Katbakkies I was maxed out at times at 130 - 140.
I think Mambat saw 205 or something  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rough Rider said:
Swanniebraai said:

As with all off-road riding it varies a lot depending on the road; up and down Katbakkies I was maxed out at times at 130 - 140.

Now that I can truly believe ;) ;D ;D

Rough Rider said:
Swanniebraai said:

Ag nee julle is bed***rd man!! Ry soos groot mense man!!  ;)

Rough Rider said:
chrisL said:
2 strokeDan sou seker gesê het die KTM sukkel darem om weg te kom van die XT ;)

Waar is hy deesdae so by the way? Erg stil. :deal:

No disrespect but no XT 600 will come anywhere close to that KTM on that road; you can't really see on the footage just how gnarly that road is.

Hier is ek!! I must agree, XT's drawback is of course the kak suspension. But you'll be surprised how one can ride around those inadequacies :ricky:, we must go for a testride soon. My XT is fokken vinnig ;)

2StrokeDan said:
Rough Rider said:
chrisL said:
2 strokeDan sou seker gesê het die KTM sukkel darem om weg te kom van die XT ;)

Waar is hy deesdae so by the way? Erg stil. :deal:

No disrespect but no XT 600 will come anywhere close to that KTM on that road; you can't really see on the footage just how gnarly that road is.

Hier is ek!! I must agree, XT's drawback is of course the kak suspension. But you'll be surprised how one can ride around those inadequacies :ricky:, we must go for a testride soon. My XT is fokken vinnig ;)

Hehe, vat hom fluffy  :lol8:

Great videos - Next investment, a video camera to film and take pics as well.

JUST DON THINK THE BEAST IS UP TO THAT PACE YET??????

Latest posts