Esselbank on a 990 the way it should be done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Frikking Gr8 video Footage Dave & Allan :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

I truly am humbled by the "ability, skill & awesome riding" that RR, Murdock & Mambat posses on those machines. What a wonderfull experience it was for me to experience riding with you guys :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks a lot for all the advice you guys shared with us all & also for the many tips as well.  :thumleft:

Koet said:
That's some serious riding!  Do you guys know that road well?  I've done that road once in pissing rain.  Was more mud and snot than anything else.

I can only dream...

Which road are you referring to Koet?

Rough Rider and Murdock, you've put together a great collection of videos. They make excellent viewing. Thank you!

Doug C said:
Rough Rider and Murdock, you've put together a great collection of videos. They make excellent viewing. Thank you!

You can't go adventure riding without a GoPro, it's just not right  :biggrin:

Going back up Katbakkies Pass.

I swear that KTM of Mambat's has a warp speed button he presses; just watch how he accelerates away from me on the back wheel in the beginning  :eek:

[flash=580,485]https://www.youtube.com/v/SjCNp555fiY[/flash]

I remember us watching this piece of the video...... :eek: :eek: Liewe Donner..... Mambat on that KTM sure does fly!!!! :thumleft:

Rough Rider said:
Doug C said:

You can't go adventure riding without a GoPro, it's just not right  :biggrin:

How right you are!

sorry... what do i need to do to watch this video on my samsung galaxy tab? maybe a link? just say plug-in unavailable.....?

Watching these videos and the Dakar starting one if these days give me big time Dakar fewer.

Rough Rider said:
Koet said:
That's some serious riding!  Do you guys know that road well?  I've done that road once in pissing rain.  Was more mud and snot than anything else.

I can only dream...

Which road are you referring to Koet?

The one between Oasis and Wuppertal.  We did a Cederberg trip a little while ago during winter.  It was the only time we could get away from work.  :-\    We hit rain and "snow" (more like ice rain) pretty much as we got close to the berg and that lasted the whole trip.

It was still fun though!

Koet said:

I can only dream...

It was the first time I have ridden going in that direction; I have ridden it twice before going the other way.

Rough Rider said:
Koet said:

I can only dream...

It was the first time I have ridden going in that direction; I have ridden it twice before going the other way.

:thumleft:  I'll only attempt speeds like that if I know the road VERY well.  I'm not even close to half that level in skill...

Fulltaps said:
Fok.  it !! :drif:    I hate KTM's  :eek:......and Husky;s...... :laughing4:

When you coming riding with us again?

??? ??? ???

Kyk hier, ek weet ek gaan nou bietjie slack vat vir die ene en wil nie soos 2SD klink wat alewig ander ouens se threads kak hap nie, maar ek het so bietjie meer verwag van die video omdat ek 'n vorige RR van Mambat gesien het op sy ou 1150.

Ekt daai selle pad agter Mof op sy HP gery en hyt dieselle stuff gedoen, al verskil was hyt heelpad gesit.

Mambat, ek sal dit regtig like om jou eendag te ontmoet en jou te sien perform op daai Ktm en try byhou op my much hated 1200.  :thumleft:

Hiers iets soos ek vir Mambat verwag ry.....en meer.

Attachments

• _MG_5101.jpg
    _MG_5101.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 249
Hinkies, believe me boet, there was plenty of that and more. The problem is there's no footage of that because Mambat was so freaking far ahead of us that we couldn't shoot any of it  ;D
Once I put my video together you will get a slightly better idea... I hope.

There's a few guys on this forum that are extremely talented and can ride a bike like they stole it, Kamanya, Legedema, Tau, GJ, 2StrokeDan, Mof, daai klong vannie Weskus, yourself and now Mambat... and a few others as well.

So who's the best?? I dont know, why dont you guys enter the Amageza and show us?  ;D

Let's face it though, that's not what it's all about. All the guys had fun out there, from the 610 Husky to the 1200's. As long as we're all riding bikes, then all is good with the world  ;)

Buff said:
Hinkies, believe me boet, there was plenty of that and more. The problem is there's no footage of that because Mambat was so freaking far ahead of us that we couldn't shoot any of it  ;D

There's a few guys on this forum that are extremely talented and can ride a bike like they stole it, Kamanya, Legedema, Tau, GJ, 2StrokeDan, Mof, daai klong vannie Weskus, yourself and now Mambat... and a few others as well.

So who's the best?? I dont know, why dont you guys enter the Amageza and show us?  ;D

Let's face it though, that's not what it's all about. All the guys had fun out there, from the 610 Husky to the 1200's. As long as we're all riding bikes, then all is good with the world  ;)

Ok I see, so Mambat just had a better photographer on his Namtrip.  :thumleft:  Oja Buff, my riding skills are nowhere near abovementioned guys' you mentioned....I can only wish ::)

Murdock said:
just after the Waterfall - a little riding to be had

[flash=580,485]https://www.youtube.com/v/bPeK4LVp4_0[/flash]

My video taken on the same section as the video taken by Murdock

[flash=580,485]https://www.youtube.com/v/S9ttX4EfYjE[/flash]

Buff said:

Buff,......I have not had the priviledge or honour of seeing first hand how those other guys you mentioned, hanlde/ride their machines,.... BUT I have to agree 100% with you in what you say about Mambat. Frikking Hell,.... that man sure knows his stuff :thumleft:  :notworthy: ;D

I also would have liked to have taken some "action photos" of the Murdock, RR & Mambat doing their thing around "most of the corners" & through that terain,... but like you said,.... they were just to Frikking Fast :ricky: :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

I have sure learned a lot from riding with all 5 of you guys out there over those 2 days & I feel honoured to have have the priveledge of doing just that :thumleft: