Execubike, Fantastic Service!, Please support them!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGAF

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
Well, after phoning at least 10 main motorcycle repair places to get a mechanic for my XT I finally ended up with Wicked Rides in PTA ( They were the only ones willing work on the bike ). Long story short. 3 weeks and they had not even started on my bike. So I took the bike back and started doing the work myself.

5 Hours later the problem had been found ( Although I was quoted R3500 at Wicked rides just for the labor to find the issue ). Ordered the required parts from Yamaha, and I needed someone to hone/bore my bike's barrel. I was referred to Execubike by Yamaha for the work.

After some searching ( Very little info about them on the web ) I eventually found them in Mitchel Street, PTA. I was a bit hesitant at first, since from the outwards appearance it seemed a bit dodge, but went in.

Man O Man!!! Spoke to a gent named Mike, or Michel... Or something with an M... I am bad with names. What a lovely guy. He actually knew which bike the head came off before I even told him. He confirmed that it would not be worth while to hone, and since the piston was already max sized he offered to re-sleeve it... I am no mechanic... but I knew he was being honest as this was my suspicion.  After a very nice chat he showed me his workshop and tools, of which he was extremely proud! Had a very nice chat and at the end of the day charged me R1750 for EVERYTHING!.. That is, new barrel, re-sleve, bore to size, and skimming! Which is a good price if you ask me.

Furthermore... he works on any old XT, TT, XR, DR, KLR etc..

And the best part is, he is HONEST!!!.... I am willing to pay for that.

Please support them if you are in GP, it is very scarce to find a mechanic like this.