Forest route near Sabie or Graskop - picnic for my mother's bucket list

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyrebraaier

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
For the sake of context I'll bore you with a single paragraph. My mother recently confided in my wife re her childhood dream to have a picnic in a forest. As she also grew up in the Kalahari so I can understand why. Following some pretty serious medical issues late last year all of these "unfulfilled ambitions" have now surfaced - whilst it saddens me to some extent we are grateful for the opportunity to still be able to do stuff with her and for her.

As we are heading to the Panorama Route in June I am looking to see if I cannot do something special for her - not just a toebroodjie by the mac mac falls and a few selfoon fotos nie. A real picnic somewhere remote where there can be a sense of isolation and where some dous is not gonna come harass us halfway through because Sappi owns the place or we don't have permission.

anyone know of some remote gravel roads that are a bit outside the normal tourist pipelines or have a contact somewhere there whom I can reach out to to find some more info and look at options. Just want to make an effort for them, they're worth it!!

Any info would be appreciated