Grabouw - my second time round

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote="LiveInTheOutdoors]I can see you were missing your lekker lady though, so next time, its a family date.

[/quote]

Lito you have that 100% correct, I love beeing with my family, and this is my (Trots) soos hulle se in my language.

IMG_1866.jpg

912d251a.jpg

Well done guys and what another nice possy LITO!!

Pity I couldn't make it - its tough with young kids and a wife thats a manager at Woolworths (on weekends too). [moaning off]

But every cloud got a silver lining. Old buddy of mine who move to their family farm near Vredendal phoned me over the weekend. He just bought a XT600E and said I must bring a crowd for some serious riding in his area. He even has a shed on the farm to stay in and said there's a lot of fine gravel and trails in the Vredendal - Loeriesfontein area :lol: :lol:

Stay tuned to this frequency...

H

KiLeRSA said:
But every cloud got a silver lining. Old buddy of mine who move to their family farm near Vredendal phoned me over the weekend. He just bought a XT600E and said I must bring a crowd for some serious riding in his area. He even has a shed on the farm to stay in and said there's a lot of fine gravel and trails in the Vredendal - Loeriesfontein area :lol: :lol:

Stay tuned to this frequency...

H

Most certainly will :D
And thanks again, for taking the time out to fit the bags :D Damn, the bloody oil filter was in my topbox.....Completely forgot to give it to you, but now I have an excuse to come to you, so that you can do some more work on my bike :wink: :D

Thanks for the thumbs up LITO......I think what made a huge difference to the riding for me, was letting the air out, but still had some hairy moments on that loose gravel. It was a really lekker time I had, and for starters, the 1 day was enough :D

Accton, I was spared "little Switz" thank God, as I think for starters, this was the perfect route we took. It's an amazing place, with loads of different tracks to explore....

so close and yet so far

looks like you guys had a blast would realy have liked to have joined you but im still not even sure what my name is at the moment
although im sure our cricket win had something to do with me washing my bike
:roll:

michnus said:
LITO!!! I hope you washed your hands!! Sies!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
59696426-S.jpg

What do you mean? He IS busy washing his hands :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somehow in the US they don't apprieciate when we try and water the enviroment. I have told my boy that he is only allowed to do this in our yard.

Nice going there people!

Very well done Mango/Maccie/Accton! 8) Some serious technical stuff you had to negotiate there, according to me anyway. Well, OK,Lito you as well. :wink:

Maccie. Did you have any knee protection when you went down?

no :(
dunno if you can see on the pic..... i did land on my knee, and this is still quite "eina"

ah well, at least the sheep will have some peace for a while :lol: :lol:

Ja, JM for me the biggest challenge was doing everything with Hilde on the back, at 6 foot 4, and the pillion pegs above my own in height, I did struggle initially I must admit. What was undoubtedly the toughest was going up that last hill, through the 4x4 dug out ruts with Hilde on the back and going uphill in the sand at the same time, dodging boulders. I cant really explain it, you have to see it. I will leave it at that. I also wished I took a cammy up there with us, it would have shown what was going on. I am very well pleased with the efforts on this weekend.

Maccie, at the minimum, there are those knee guards at Game I told ya about. You are welcome to try mine out if you want, I think they might work for you inside the jeans, but you have to find a way of making them not slip down. So maybe the best is getting what I gave to Hilde, the shin and knee guards in one. Somewhere near R100 at a Sportsmans Warehouse.

Also, something for your hands.

Cheers

LiveInTheOutdoors said:
I cant really explain it, you have to see it. I will leave it at that. I also wished I took a cammy up there with us, it would have shown what was going on. I am very well pleased with the efforts on this weekend.

Lito. Just pulling you leg there mate. Becoming used to you not having such a big problem with technical riding. 8) Like a "hidden" compliment. I would not even consider taking a pillion on tame Grade 1-2 routes at this stage!

Maccie, at the minimum, there are those knee guards at Game I told ya about.
Also, something for your hands.

Amen. Knee guards are cheap if you consider the protection it gives you. I thinks knees get a lot of injuries on technical riding trails. Spend the R100 odd. I got these Thor Quadrants (it cover the knee and halfway down the shin) and it makes one feel so much more confident. R200 bucks. Ditto the gloves.

Btw. I wear mine underneath my riding pants(jeans at this stage :oops: ) That's why the question. Could not be sure on the pics.

JourneyMan said:
Lito. Just pulling you leg there mate. Becoming used to you not having such a big problem with technical riding. 8) Like a "hidden" compliment. I would not even consider taking a pillion on tame Grade 1-2 routes at this stage!

Yep, I know that mate, I was just chatting on, it was fun to recount the events to you, like reliving a scene, you know? without a lekker camp fire to recount the days events, unfortunately the internet is the best way to do it like that. hope that makes sense.

tell ya something though, if you take your wife with you on a trippie, that will help her see why its so much fun and she may even give you more kitchen passes mate! let her join in on the fun, make the trip easy but offroad, and let her just enjoy it, at a nice slow beginning pace. I think its a brilliant way to share it with your partner in life. 8)

Hey guys - where is the best place to enter this area and ride... those steep hills and twee spoor look awesome.

Cheers!

jpcussen said:
Hey guys - where is the best place to enter this area and ride... those steep hills and twee spoor look awesome.

Cheers!

Let's just ride and try to find it?

I would also like to go and ride the route

Can someone pm me the route of where exactly to start and where to stop?

BMWlover said:
I would also like to go and ride the route

Can someone pm me the route of where exactly to start and where to stop?

Ek ken 95% van die Grabouw area roetes. Daai ene weet ek presies waar. Jy het mos n invitation gekry.  :ricky:

Die meeste lekker paadjies in die Grabouw area is onder Deprt. Bosbou bestuur. Ek ry gereeld daar/hier (werk in Elgin!). Groot asb. - moenie met groot geraas fietse hier kom ry.
AS ons "onder die radar bly" sal ons die area nog lank kan ry.
Ek is nog paar weke op krukke, maar sal ook kan gaan wys waar die lekker paadjies is!
Groete
JM

Latest posts