Grabouw - my second time round

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R-O-V-Rat said:
BMWlover said:
I would also like to go and ride the route

Can someone pm me the route of where exactly to start and where to stop?

Ek ken 95% van die Grabouw area roetes. Daai ene weet ek presies waar. Jy het mos n invitation gekry.   :ricky:

So Rot will you give is a tour??

I think this is where monkeyboy and I went a couple of Sundays ago. Awesome roads, and we entered just after Sir Lowry's Pass. Although someone commented that bikes aren't allowed there, is that true? I so badly want to go back, but don't want to get slapped with some huuuuuuuuge fine.  :xxbah: Why they wouldn't allow bikes is beyond me, as there is an amazing 4x4 route in there, and they allow cars.  :xxbah:

MissM said:
I think this is where monkeyboy and I went a couple of Sundays ago. Awesome roads, and we entered just after Sir Lowry's Pass. Although someone commented that bikes aren't allowed there, is that true? I so badly want to go back, but don't want to get slapped with some huuuuuuuuge fine.  :xxbah: Why they wouldn't allow bikes is beyond me, as there is an amazing 4x4 route in there, and they allow cars.  :xxbah:

You are right. No bikes. There is a guy that does quad tours in there, cars/4x4 can also go in. You can enter on the Gradouw side. The entrance at Sir Lowry's is not to be used by any.  :-\

So even entering on the Grabouw side you can't take bikes in? :-( :-( Poo. Such awesome routes in there.

JacoM said:
Die meeste lekker paadjies in die Grabouw area is onder Deprt. Bosbou bestuur. Ek ry gereeld daar/hier (werk in Elgin!). Groot asb. - moenie met groot geraas fietse hier kom ry.
AS ons "onder die radar bly" sal ons die area nog lank kan ry.
Ek is nog paar weke op krukke, maar sal ook kan gaan wys waar die lekker paadjies is!
Groete
JM

+1000

I cant agree with you more JacoM. If you want to ride the area please make sure to find out where and when is the best time to ride.  To ad to JacoM post also be considerate to the environment.

I have spoken to some nature conservationist in the area and they are not all anti bike. They do get very upset if they see tracks of the normal routes especially going strait up hills as this causes serious corrosion.

Please. Please.

How do you find out when and where? Is there someone you can speak to in order to get permission?

R-O-V-Rat said:
JacoM said:
Die meeste lekker paadjies in die Grabouw area is onder Deprt. Bosbou bestuur. Ek ry gereeld daar/hier (werk in Elgin!). Groot asb. - moenie met groot geraas fietse hier kom ry.
AS ons "onder die radar bly" sal ons die area nog lank kan ry.
Ek is nog paar weke op krukke, maar sal ook kan gaan wys waar die lekker paadjies is!
Groete
JM

+1000

R RAT, jy sal maar vir ons 'n groot asseblief iets moet uitwerk. Jy kan sommer by die Breede Bash kom verduidelik.

I cant agree with you more JacoM. If you want to ride the area please make sure to find out where and when is the best time to ride.  To ad to JacoM post also be considerate to the environment.

I have spoken to some nature conservationist in the area and they are not all anti bike. They do get very upset if they see tracks of the normal routes especially going strait up hills as this causes serious corrosion.

Please. Please.

Hey guys - where is the best place to enter this area and ride... those steep hills and twee spoor look awesome.

This is riding heaven... worth a fine.

Cheers!

Unless you are somehow able to arrange permission, I would strongly discourage anyone from riding in this area with a bike. Been there, was chased by armed individuals, will NEVER go back.

GraZer said:
Unless you are somehow able to arrange permission, I would strongly discourage anyone from riding in this area with a bike. Been there, was chased by armed individuals, will NEVER go back.

Nooit! Wanneer was dit? Nature conservation guys or skollies?

There are plenty of places to ride in the Highlands area, but stay off the farms and don't ride where you know you will cause soil erosion. That should keep a happy medium for all.

Latest posts