GS CHALLENGE LEYDSDORP - My Story!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Blue Bull - where do you live in S America? Blue Bull supporter too! Your wife is missing out - she should get on her bike right away!

Rieks said:
Hi Blue Bull - where do you live in S America? Blue Bull supporter too! Your wife is missing out - she should get on her bike right away!

Im in Lima, Peru, en ons bloed loop blou hier ook.  Only problem is we dont get to see all the games, and the ones we do see we can only download decent quality vids about 24 hours after the matches.

Dont worry boet D will be on her bike soon, look out for photos in the international section.

Hey Blue Bull - i can always send you a video clip of the lst minute Habana Super 14 try last year - ha! ha! Hope to see all of you at GS Challenge next year - nr 1120!

:biggrin:Hey Rieks nice one of Alan,Pieter and myself doing that three in a row live action shot on day 2,good photography.If you come down to Centurion look us up.
will mail you details.
It took at lot of washing to get the bike and gear clean.Have'nt done the tent yet too scared to, wonder if that red soil will ever come out.We had a good ride home left Pieter at Belfast as he popped into the farm to see his folks.Very heavy mist outside Dullstroom and we where riding in light jackets so nearly froze so a stop for brunch at Dullies was called for.Then put some rainsuits on to keep cold out.

index.php

Bliksem and I thought the 08 KLR crashed bad! This bm is broken ...

Hey Peter - glad you guys arrived safe - thanks for the compliment - PM me your email address so i can mail you the pics of you guys. Cheers

I know Jaco. We did a Mozabique trip together in June. Great guy, strong as an ox and always has a smile on his face. If he is a friend of yours please tell him hello from Lance.

Hi Rieks, nice report, very nice photos, I know this guy in this photo, he is from Pretoria, his brother from Aberdeen would also have been there, he is not far behind if his brother was there.

Attachments

• Abs.jpg
    Abs.jpg
    129.9 KB
Jaco (Swannie) is a great guy - we met at the Challenge and i have never laughed so much in one day! He told me about the Moz trip - i think he said the story was posted on this forum - what is the subject?

The guy with me on the pic - his name is Mark - we met at the skills challenge on day 2 - him and his brother - great guys! He trusted me as his pillion - we didnt do to well - he is a good rider though!

Mark and his brother and us practising for the fun entry:

Attachments

• DSC04927 x.jpg
    DSC04927 x.jpg
    85.2 KB
Jip that's his brother, those two can drive 4 x 4's, Mark ended up with his Land Rover on its roof at one 4x4 meet at Clifton, they also attended the Mitsubitsi challenge in the Kalahari, was chosen to go as competitors.

Amazing - they look like twins almost. Hope they are checking out this thread!

Yes Rieks I have tried to ask him to join, but alas no luck, he posts his ride reports on other media, his brother's name is Derick, if you get hold of an Bike SA August issue you'll see Derick there doing a ride report on page 138  ;D

Monique and her bike right after the fall!
The bike have been moved but the left cylinder was at the position of the oil patch on the rock.
Dunno what would have happened if it decided to follow her down the ledge?

Attachments

• IMG_0032_11_1.JPG
    IMG_0032_11_1.JPG
    231.7 KB
Welcome to the forum Dustdevil!
Shame - i hope Monique is ok now. I arrived after the accident - didnt realise she fell so high down.