He calls them motorsickels!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisl

Teelhond
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Yesterday late afternoon I got a call: Hey Chris, Bob here, I hear youre the man to speak to about some motorsickeltyres.
Where are you Bob I ask? In the campsite in Stillbay-West. Just look for a yellow tent and a bike parked
outside because they would not let me in. When he said that I knew he was at the campsite in Jongensfontein,
Welldone Hessequa munisipality!! :biggrin: Another tourist that had to carry ALL his gear to his campsite from his bike that's
parked outside!!!! :biggrin:
They had already pitched their tent and no they did not want to come and stay at my place.

Meet Bob and Martha. 62 and 61 years old!! They met when she was 15 and he 16!! :thumleft:
IMG_0613.jpg

They flew the bike out from Washington state USA. On their second week. In CT now and then up to
Namibia, Botswana, Zambia,Zim and back to Gauteng where the bike will stay until next year when they
plan to do the East coast of Africa!!
After dropping the tyres I took Martha to Stillbay to get some takeaways and I said I will meet them there
this morning.It was nearly nine when I got home.

Note how he dropped the exhuast to alow for a bigger pannier on the left. Clever man Bob. :mwink:

IMG_0612.jpg

We loaded the tyres on both bikes and left for Riversdale.
Fresh set of Heidanau K60's fitted. Ready to try them.

IMG_0616.jpg

We took Garciapass and the Brandrivierroad to get to Barrydale.

Kicking up African dust! :thumleft:

IMG_0618.jpg

At the Country Pumpin of course. :thumleft:

IMG_0619.jpg

We had a bite to eat studied maps and took the Tradouwspass back.
We said our goodbeys at the Drupkelder.
Note the coolerbox on the rightpannier. In it is Martha's diabetic medicine. Being cept cool by 12V power while the bike runs.

IMG_0620.jpg

The Drupkelder.

IMG_0621.jpg

I turned left to Heidelberg and they right to Swellendam.

Martha & Bob it was a treat meeting and rideing with you. May you have a safe trip on our continent.
And Bob I hope you get that pic with the elephant in the background. :deal:
Until we hopefully see again. :thumleft:

Leka...nice one Chris!
Bob & Martha..all the best for you in SA 8)

Welcome Bob & Martha, once again!, have a fantastic journey :thumleft:

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=75217.0

Ek is seker ek het hulle gesien in die week hier in George oppad BMW toe.

It looks like that rear tire has never been leaned into a corner...

Welcome to the country you guys.

Net sos ek vir Chris ken, puik een.  :thumleft:

Safe travelling in "africa" Bob & Martha.  Have a blast.  ;D

Bob and Martha, safe travelling in southern Africa and enjoy the roads of Namibia!

Very touching story....amazing how bikers make a plan, that cooler box idea is really trick, Diabetes doesn't stop them..... :thumleft: 8)

AntVan said:
It looks like that rear tire has never been leaned into a corner...

Welcome to the country you guys.
And he went up Sanipass on that slick last week. :deal:
They bought only once piece of property :mwink:
Amazing couple this. Both have HD's at home and he also a Buell that he toured South America with.
She joined him for part of the trip.
He does some kind of waste management but is quailified as a dieselmaccie and she farms with 120 head of black
Simmentaler cows.
I really wanted to spend some more time with them. :deal:

Good on you Chris ...................... :thumleft:
............. and to Bob and Martha ............... have a safe journey with lots of happy memories  :thumleft: :thumleft: