He calls them motorsickels!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really cool. Sure is nice to know that our "WD Family" from all over is looking after B & M in such a Gr8 way. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Can't wait to see the photos. :)

GundaGunda said:
Bob and Martha made Swakop safe and sound and in great spirits.

We went out for dinner last night, and today we went for a bit of a drive in the Forester to see some desert, the "Lunar Landscape", welwitchias and for a pizza on the water in Walvis.

I though they may appreciate the chance to get their butts out of the saddle for a while.

I took a whole heap of pictures out there which I am busy sorting and editing, and because it was cage drive and not a bike trip I will post them on the end of my fred on the Fozzy forum at:-

https://www.foresterforum.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=366

Pics should be there before tomorrow. . .

A great pleasure to have them along today . . . go well Bob and Martha  . . .

I looked at your blog - hey, the Magaliesberg is beautiful, I think I miss it  :thumleft:

GG do you know which route they took to get to Swakop?
Desert or tar?

chrisL said:
GG do you know which route they took to get to Swakop?
Desert or tar?

Not sure how they got to Luderitz, but I think they came via Keetmanshoop, Windhoek, Karabib (slept over) and then Swakop - Mainly tar.

GundaGunda said:
Today's pics added to :-

https://www.foresterforum.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=366

Some really loveley photos of that wonderful area :drif: :drif: :drif: . Difinately must put that on my bucket list. :thumleft:

chrisL said:
So they made it to Etosha where they stayed for Xmas.

Great.

I have to admit I was a little concerned. I tried to call them on their cell a couple of times and on two occasions I could hear that someone answered, but there was no Bob on the other end.

Nice to know the reason was no more serious than bad cell phone reception !!  :thumleft:

We are headed to Botswana today, I think, then down along the delta.  We do want to thank everyone for their hospitality, this has bee the friendliest bunch I have ever run into.  Someday you will all have to bring your motorsickels (actually prefer the term "Moto" that the Mexicans use)over and let us return the favors.

Just posted more pictures at horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/thode
would post some here but it was hard enough to figure out one system.

Should make it back to Joburg about the 20th maybe a bit earlier for some short rides around there.

Bob and Martha

Camino Cerdo said:
We are headed to Botswana today, I think, then down along the delta.  We do want to thank everyone for their hospitality, this has bee the friendliest bunch I have ever run into.  Someday you will all have to bring your motorsickels (actually prefer the term "Moto" that the Mexicans use)over and let us return the favors.

Just posted more pictures at horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/thode
would post some here but it was hard enough to figure out one system.

Should make it back to Joburg about the 20th maybe a bit earlier for some short rides around there.

Bob and Martha

What you guys are doing is something really Special. So nice to see you guys "living the dream". :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

May you guys forever be blessed with many wonderfull km's ahead. :ricky:

This is such a great thread!!!!!

Travel safe, Bob and Martha!!!! Enjoy it! I wish we could have met you and I think a lot of other Dawgs would have too!!!!

Update:
  We have not been eat by lions, (yet).  Have been to Victory Falls for New Years, then through Zambia to Malawi.  Will update blog when I get to good internet spot.
Bob and Martha

Camino Cerdo said:
Update:
  We have not been eat by lions, (yet).  Have been to Victory Falls for New Years, then through
.  Will update blog when I get to good internet spot.
Bob and Martha
It's getting better and better.  :thumleft:Ride safe!! :deal:

Camino Cerdo said:
Update:
  We have not been eat by lions, (yet).  Have been to Victory Falls for New Years, then through Zambia to Malawi.  Will update blog when I get to good internet spot.
Bob and Martha

Good to hear B&M - Ride safe !!

Finally and update to blog is posted. We just crossed back into SA at Beit Bridge. Was told that this was not the place to cross but it worked out well and was quite smooth and quick, sometime you get lucky.  Plan to head to Nelspruit and rent a car to go in to Krugar NP.

Bob and Martha
"horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/thode"

I met these two at Schlowy's yesterday, they were flying home today, to return another day. Lovely couple.

Bob & Martha is flying out today @17H30. Been at our place since Sunday and his motosickel will be parked at our place until November when they plan to travel through East Africa all the way to Europe.
I will update when we have an exact date that they will be out again.

Adventurer said:
I met these two at Schlowy's yesterday, they were flying home today, to return another day. Lovely couple.
If I did not like them so much I'd be jealous of all their rideing!!! :thumleft:
I'm so happy your travels so far in Africa have been safe. :deal: