He calls them motorsickels!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mooi Chris! Dit is persies soos ek jou leer ken het jy los jou werk om ander te help!

Wat ek net nie kan verstaan nie is dat die mense by die kamp hulle nie wou toelaat nie! Ja ek weet Joggensfontein laat geen bikes binne die kamp plek toe nie, maar die kamp is dol leeg so vir wie so hulle nou steur! Seker weer van daai mense wat die reels tot op die letter uitvoer. Watter beeld stuur hulle daarmee saam na die buiteland? Ons op die grond pas die reels streng toe alhoewel ons parlament vol bedrog is!

Ek weier om by sulke plekke te kamp dan gaan slaap ek eerder in die veld langs my bike!

Riebeeker said:
Mooi Chris! Dit is persies soos ek jou leer ken het jy los jou werk om ander te help!

Wat ek net nie kan verstaan nie is dat die mense by die kamp hulle nie wou toelaat nie! Ja ek weet Joggensfontein laat geen bikes binne die kamp plek toe nie, maar die kamp is dol leeg so vir wie so hulle nou steur! Seker weer van daai mense wat die reels tot op die letter uitvoer. Watter beeld stuur hulle daarmee saam na die buiteland? Ons op die grond pas die reels streng toe alhoewel ons parlament vol bedrog is!

Ek weier om by sulke plekke te kamp dan gaan slaap ek eerder in die veld langs my bike!
:thumleft:
:thumleft:

Goeie bemarker! Nie net vir die land nie maar vir jou ook. Ry baie ekstra myle saam met jou kliente.

So the story carries on.....Friday afternoon Bob and Martha arrive in Somerset West as our guests for a few days.
Friday evening  a good old fashioned SA braai to make them feel right at home. Then a trip out on False Bay late Friday night on our 45 ft N.S.R.I  Rescue Vessel. Martha had a blast ....but I think Bob prefers the road to the rolling sea....we will just leave it at that :biggrin:
Home at midnight and then up early to tour some of the Capes finest routes.
Our route took us through Stellenbosch...then out to Wellington....over Bains Kloof Pass and a quick coffee stop. On to Ceres then followed the road to Touws Rivier. Back through De Doorns and on to Woschester then through  Du Toits Kloof Pass and on to Franschoek. Over Franschoek Pass to Villiers Dorp then dirt roads back to Botrivier and on to Hermanus.
Then a gentle ride back via Kleinmont, Bettys Bay and Gordons Bay. Distance traveled ....510 km and sore bums had by all after 8 solid hours in the saddle.
Saturday night we went out for Chinese Dinner and I do belive they slept well that night.
Sunday was enjoyed just loafing about and we watched the movie "On any Sunday" in the evening.....Bob hadnt seen it before and I think he was pretty chuffed with it.
Monday off to the Harley dealers in Cape Town (B&M are Harley fanatics)
Bob and Martha spent to day in Cape Town (I had to work ...dammmm) and we will get together tonight.
I think we got ourselves some new South African fans ....lets look after these good folk.. Dogs    

Attachments

• BM1.jpg
    BM1.jpg
    52.9 KB
  • BM2.jpg
    BM2.jpg
    80.8 KB
  • bm4.jpg
    bm4.jpg
    80.4 KB
  • BM3.jpg
    BM3.jpg
    97.3 KB
  • BM5.jpg
    BM5.jpg
    74.3 KB
Well done guys, show them the true South African hospitality WD style!!! :thumleft:

Follow Bob and Martha on this link.....https://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/thode/

Tuesday morning : Bob and Martha up early and heading off to Northern Cape.  :'(

It was great having you guys ..Im going to miss our varied ...and always interesting conversations. Enjoy the rest of your tour....and as always......Ride safe  :ricky: :ricky:

Coxwain said:
Tuesday morning : Bob and Martha up early and heading off to Northern Cape.  :'(

It was great having you guys ..Im going to miss our varied ...and always interesting conversations. Enjoy the rest of your tour....and as always......Ride safe  :ricky: :ricky:
Are they going to Hingsding in Loeriesfontein today?

Good on all you dawgs for showing them our country, I hope they bump into many more so we can see there and what they are doing.

chrisL said:
Coxwain said:

Yep....thats where their headed..... (even picked up their American  accent :biggrin:)

Coxwain said:
chrisL said:
Coxwain said:

Yep....thats where their headed..... (even picked up their American  accent :biggrin:)
Jip they do have a twang dont they?!! :thumleft:

chrisL said:
Coxwain said:

Ja Chris, ekt nog 200 boerskaap wat moet Boesmanland toe, hou duimvas die CK25 hou!

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Hey Hinksding....

Whats happened th Bob and Martha ? ....you got to keep the story going  :biggrin:

Coxwain said:
Hey Hinksding....

Whats happened to Bob and Martha ? ....you got to keep the story going :biggrin:

:drif: :drif: Yes Please,... this thread has got to continue.

Well done to "ChrisL, Coxwain & everyone else involved so for" being Gr8 WD Ambassadors. :thumleft:

Coxwain said:
Hey Hinksding....

Whats happened th Bob and Martha ? ....you got to keep the story going  :biggrin:

Yep, they've been here!  What pleasant Yanks they are.  We had a good kuier the evening and I've got all the unanswered questions about the US answered.  Bob and Martha are a great couple and are understanding each other in a good way, especially around the bike.  Martha and I had a lot in common when it comes to farming, it sounds that she knows her cows and ways and means on the farm.  I really would have wanted to take them to the farm, but driving on a crappy gravel road for 3 hours isn't exactly my way of pleasant touring, and on the other hand I had a water crisis on the farm which needed attention.

Anyway, before they took off, a little bit of rain started, so I told them to stay longer until the rain stopped, but the rain couldn't stop them.  Our Scottish terrier escourted them 4 blocks down, I almost feared that the little bastard is going to make them fall.

Bob & Martha: Thank you for the visit and the best of luck with the rest of your journey! :ricky:

Bob, Martha and their motorsiekel.

Attachments

• bob.jpg
    bob.jpg
    316.4 KB
Got a mail from them saying they were in Luderitz.
Have gone past Ais-Ais and Hobas.

Bob and Martha made Swakop safe and sound and in great spirits.

We went out for dinner last night, and today we went for a bit of a drive in the Forester to see some desert, the "Lunar Landscape", welwitchias and for a pizza on the water in Walvis.

I though they may appreciate the chance to get their butts out of the saddle for a while.

I took a whole heap of pictures out there which I am busy sorting and editing, and because it was cage drive and not a bike trip I will post them on the end of my fred on the Fozzy forum at:-

https://www.foresterforum.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=366

Pics should be there before tomorrow. . .

A great pleasure to have them along today . . . go well Bob and Martha  . . . a pleasure meeting you.