Hello Wilddogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi Everybody

The whole “Adventure Biking” thing is totally new to me:) I have had a quick browse through the forms and am amazed at how active the community is in South Africa!  I have just purchased a BMW 650GS Dakar 2007 9 800Kms.  I Have not had a bike since 2006 when I completed a 10 year stint @ pro motocross/freestyle motocross....I swore I would never ride again but ye, we all know that its not that easy, bikes truly become ingrained into ones DNA, So I thought of trying something a little tamer but it looks like it could be just as much fun!  I am looking forward to getting involved in this exciting community.  I have a group of 4 friends who are also Dakar owners/in process of becoming Dakar owners.  We plan our first trip up to Pemba Moz and back down through Zam/Zim leaving December and returning Jan, approx 3 weeks.  We are all complete newbees and will require as much help and advice as possible from you guys over the next couple of months during the build up to our trip!  Any help, guidance, suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you

Chris Irwin