Honda XR500 missfire.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRENZYLION

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Please help. I have done a minor rebuild on my 1981 XR500 Honda, which has been lying in my garage unused for the last four years. When I last used the bike it was running fine, now after four years I decided to get it going and do a bit of work on it. I had small oil leaks on both side crankcase covers so I replaced gasgets on both sides as well as retention the counterbalance chain while I was in there as well as on the tappet covers seals. I flushed the fuel tank and just let some clean petrol run thru the carb. (I didn't strip the carb) new sparkplug air filter oil etc.
Then I kicked my moer off and all I got was a badly bruised instep on the right foot. (I forgot how saw it is when it kicks back.) No Go!!!! :( So I towed it behind the car and managed to get it going. But so badly missing and farting would not idle at all and once stalled had to tow it again to get it started.
Where do you suggest I look first. I would not think it is timing as I didn't really touch anything to do with that.  The air cleaner element I used was a 10mm foam diy thing.

Any suggestions would be great.