I saw the light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostDOG

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Right – I got some more light!  ;D
The intention was to be more visible in traffic and to add more lighting power for poor condition riding, such as mist and fog. Coming back from Lesotho on a recent trip, thru Underberg area in heavy rain and fog, at night, I realised there’s a definite need.

I started a long search and eventually bought some CATZ lights off e-bay (a story in itself). Got the lights, and having seen what’s available locally, I am well pleased. Excellent quality lights.

I ummed and aahhed a lot about positioning. Eventually I showed all the possible options to the Mrs and she chose the position. Not 100% ideal in the case of a fall, but based on a compromise of aesthetics and visibility by others I accepted the positioning and installed the lights. I really had fun doing the installation, and my knowledge of the bike’s workings took a huge leap forward.

The switch that came with the unit is as nice as the lights – unobtrusive, looks almost OEM IMO. (CLICK on image to show bigger)

They are fog-lights, thus the orange (not chosen because my blood runs orange). I did not adjust them for optimal lighting, since I finished late last night and my neighbours would have been rather annoyed had I ridden Silver up and down the street – will sort out at earliest convenient time.

Some more views.

I will let y’all know what the gain in luminescence is once I ride at night and do the adjustment.