Kakerlaksvlei, Jagtersvlakte - Saturday 3 October

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really lekker RR and great pics.  You guys have the most fantastic, unlimited and varied riding on your doorstep.  I'm so jealous.  Thanks.

Slowpoke, the only thing about falling on the rough terrain, is trying to pick the bike up alone.

Laat hom le, hy het mos crash bars  :ricky:

TerrorSA said:
Slowpoke, the only thing about falling on the rough terrain, is trying to pick the bike up alone.

Laat hom le, hy het mos crash bars  :ricky:

Just seen this comment :imaposer: If I didn't go looking for him, he would still be there :imaposer:

Lol, you guys are evil. Exactly where is this place? Might want to go there sometime before I start my studies :mwink:

Oyi!  Wabbit and Jughead, go hit the Search button and look for the numerous ride reports re Kakkerlaksvlei and surrounds, especially one of mine in November 2008.  It contains lekker maps and Google Earth photos that show where these playgrounds are.

Wabbit said:
Lol, you guys are evil. Exactly where is this place? Might want to go there sometime before I start my studies :mwink:

Crash bars Wabbit, you may well need them with that rear shock of yours!

Fugly said:
Wabbit said:

Crash bars Wabbit, you may well need them with that rear shock of yours!
Who said I'm taking the KLR >:D

Just watch out guys 2StrokeDan says the 800 can only go in gravel roads occasionally..... anything more is too hardcore.... you need a yamaha... ;D

Well I would LOVE to try the Tenere there at kakkerlaks to see and feel the differences with the 800. I will happily go play and write a full objective report.

But before we leave - anyone know if the Tenere can do a 45 degree uphill climb on rock steps of around 30cm to 50 cm? if not I am not sure I'd like to rape another man's bike  ;)

I'd do it...

...on a pit bike ::). My legs are just too short to attempt that on a KLR or any tall bike for that matter

Great report, respect to the boys on the big bikes :thumbsup:

Slowpoke get some handle bar raisers for that lewensgevaarlik and stand up, its really makes a lot easier & more fun!  :patch:

BlueBull2007 said:

Slowpoke get some handle bar raisers for that lewensgevaarlik and stand up, its really makes a lot easier & more fun!  :patch:

They were already on >:D

And ty, the big bikes can go anywhere ;D Pitty there weren't any pics of me ramping the 800 where Herms did!

I already admitted laziness  :biggrin:

I was moer tired fighting the mub monster down in the pan, did not have enough energy for a jump so I just coasted up the hill, and moered down when I sprayed the d@@s on the D@@skarretjie. Of course this was worth a lekka chuckle - me included.  ::)

Fugly said:
BlueBull2007 said:

Slowpoke get some handle bar raisers for that lewensgevaarlik and stand up, its really makes a lot easier & more fun!  :patch:

They were already on >:D

And ty, the big bikes can go anywhere ;D Pitty there weren't any pics of me ramping the 800 where Herms did!

Yeah but Slowpoke was also siting on the steep uphill ;D Still, at least the KTM okes arent going to start moaning about the standing posing BMWers.

The 800 ramps so nicely! It a real pity you never got those photees.

Excellent report there Fugly ... for all the 'unbelievers' :thefinger: of the 800GeeSer's abilities!  :mwink:
WhoooHooo! LuvItt!!!  :thumleft:

That 800 can do waaay more than most riders are capable of - me included. It is a big bike but it feels nothing for pretty much any challenge you throw at it. My off's were all low speed crawls where mostly it was the front wheel slipping either off a rock or into a ditch.  I'll tell you this much, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 800 on extreme terrain - you just need a rider that is not afraid to tackle it  :mwink: