KZN - Sunday 17th - Out Richmond Hela Hela way ? UNPLANNED DISASTER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rider28 said:
. . . .Hope the new pegs made it.

. . .

Nope - the left peg is bent out of shape  :(

I asked the guy at Perry if we could smack it straight, but he was not optimistic. He said that may have a safety risk.

I will be suggesting another design mod to prevent this happening. Basically the rectangular structure became a parallelogram. 

Howzit Peter...

Ag fok man, I cannot let you out from adult supervision and then you do this kind of thing.
:biggrin:
PM me if you got any problems with Zurich. (Kim is now a big dudette there)

I crashed my XR650L last Monday, and Zurich has paid the Honda quote on Thursday.

No broken bones, just all the soft tissue damaged on the ankle.

S'true boet, getting old is not for sissies!!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• foot_at_16h30.jpg
    foot_at_16h30.jpg
    125.3 KB
  • foot1.jpg
    foot1.jpg
    41.9 KB
Eish - that looks not so good !!  :eek:

But nice granite-like pattern for a marble kitchen workspace top.  ;D

No further problems with Zurich - just waiting for better quotes and I'll submit the claim.

And yes - growing old is not for sissies.  ::)

Ouch! 

I remember a ride where 3 of us shuffled off with a foot like that...

Jules, Lightning1 and me!  And we had MX boots on!  That was two years ago and my foot still makes crunching sounds when I get up in the morning! 

Hi Peter. Have been away for a while and only seen this thread now.
So glad to hear that you are on the mend and all has ended well with regards to the bike.
Could have been a whole lot worse!!
Take care.

GG.....you need to see a podiatrist! Those tortise-like heels....worse than mine!

EssBee said:
GG.....you need to see a podiatrist! Those tortise-like heels....worse than mine!

Happily those are not my feet, but The Purple Turtle.  ;D

My feet are fine, and I was wearing my lighter boots - The Forma ATV ones, and they are not ideal for taking tumbles, but I guess I was lucky the bakkie did not ride over my feet.

Indeed...that'd have been a royal cock up...eish!

Hey!

My heels are in excellent shape for mid winter. :biggrin:

Okay, so my my Fozzy has it's garage companion back - lots of new parts, a lick of paint and a few changes.

sad thing is I have very little desire to jump back on. Knees and back are still eina and not working properly.

Body proved harder to fix than the bike. Getting older is not for sissies.  ::)

Attachments

• BikeBack.jpg
    BikeBack.jpg
    128.9 KB
Hey Peter

Glad to hear that you have the bike back, sorry about the old bones. Did you have snow tyres fitted ?

Take it easy and ease back into normality

:thumleft:

Hey GG hope you can join us this year on a bike and not in a cage like last year, BOBS fund raiser time again. Will be posting invites soon. Date 14 Oct,  Sunday . Get well and remember on rural roads a goat and a taxi think the same .

GG, glad you and the bike are going to be okay. Scary to get back on I know, but try not to let it get you down. The fear goes away again after a little while. I also have people at work telling me that I should not be riding because its irresponsible.  ::) Just got to keep a stiff upper lip and say ATTGAT to them.

The Purple Turtle with The Purple Foot!  :eek7:  That looks sore.  :-\ Get well soon.

Pete...face your demons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :deal:

Hope you feel the urge to ride again soon Peter.

I rode through snow yesterday. I know there is a lesson there somewhere (or at least a good quip), but I haven't heard it  yet.

The Purple Turtle said:
Hope you feel the urge to ride again soon Peter.

. . . .

Nope - no urge yet.

Why?

I have often wondered about the expression, "Walks like he has a carrot up his A$#e".

Who was the first guy who first tried it so that the expression was born? No me !

And who was there to see it? Once again, not me.

But I heard it used describing the way I walk at the mo', and the bike, she gathers dust.

Attachments

• SwollenKnee.jpg
    SwollenKnee.jpg
    46.4 KB
Hi peter,

Holy cow, that is not a good looking knee.

As I advance with age, I am too uncouth to mature, I find that the knees are the worst to have trouble with.

Ankles, wrists and various other bits are constraints, but knees are a showstopper.

Maybe a nice drug regime? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Get well soon.
regards
Riaan

I also have kneemonia, or kneesles as some like to call it, and rationalize that pain is a thing of the mind. So far it is not that bad that I feel it is worth changing my lifestyle, when it does, then how far am I prepared to let it go? I have decided that my knees are not going to control my lifestyle as far as I can manage.

I remember as a kid I met this guy the age of my grandparents, a bit of wild one. He was a South African who was also a RAF piloting spitfires in WWII. He happened to love motorbikes as well. Told me the story how he was riding along and sideswiped a car coming the other way, connecting its bumper with his knee. Told me it was the most painful thing of his life. Laughing he said the force transferred down his leg and broke off the footpeg. He still walked okay albeit a bit funny. told me it never stopped him, and it did not.