Maraisburg Mine dump ride with an Epic Fail!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usurper, that looks bad. Glad you are still alive. Do you have a price on the damage yet? I assume that happened in the last few Kilometers. Me and DD left a little earlier, so I didn't even see your accident.

Geez dude, bummer man, sorry to see that, and to think, just a few minutes before your bike took a bad tumble, Andrew took a serious dune dive. The day was truly eventful, luckily with no serious injuries or breakages.

At least you had a smile on your face, I would have taken it a lot more serious.

Nice to meet everyone and thanks for arranging the ride Lightning1!

Cheers
Dino

Attachments

• 4561_94951962329_611417329_2408355_1348677_n.jpg
    4561_94951962329_611417329_2408355_1348677_n.jpg
    72.8 KB
Wow - you guys really had an eventful day ! Geez Usurper - glad you didn't get hurt dude.
My 'fail' happened really early in the day. Thanks to everyone who helped with running repairs. Bike doesn't seem to be too bad - foot has a small metatarsal fracture, virtually undisplaced - no treatment necessary :thumleft:

BTW - Redwolf, even if I had a Honda I would still be a 'moffie' that rides too slowly and falls over too often - bike has nothing to do with it - I do that all by myself  :biggrin:

if you aint fallin then u aint riding hard enough,

falin on a KTM may cost more but shiiiaat it looks good...

good to hear that ur ok & I'll gladly help u fix the ktm just please dont think about a honda! 

RedWolf said:
Thanks for the ride again. Although you are a bunch of moffies that are exceptionally slow and ride bikes that fall over easily, I still enjoyed the ride a lot... :pot: I think everbody should buy Honda's.. >:D

"Just for the record the above is meant as a joke with some truth in it!"

Only slow thing I saw was this bloody honda that wouldn't get out the way :ricky:

Cracker, so you actually mean that Staalburger's Honda 230 was ahead of you the whole time? Jeez, a KLR must be very slow then... :)

Ouch!

Gaan jy oorlog toe dat jy so lekker loopgraaf-oefeninge doen?

Good luck - hope you can get her fixed-up soon again.

Awsome pics though...

Well as they say OOOPs :eek: :eek: :eek:

I went there in 2007 and there were just plastics there I was the only one there  on the Beast....

I did ride around there and took a couple of falls but when it go to some more of the serious stuff :eek: :eek: :eek:

had already done some damage to the Beast, but i opted out on that one..

needless to say it was still fun...but rather on the plastics.... ;D

Nothing worse that pulling up to a check point in a hectic enduro and some oke on a CRF230 plods along and pulls in next too you.
Looking fresh and calm.

Hells teeth Lightning1. I guess you and my coming together on the previous Maraisburg ride seems now like a minor 'brush' compared to the carnage on this trip.
Makes me itch for the next one. Can't wait...

Great ride guys - thanks to all. Sorry I had to head home early , looks like I missed the best parts.

It was nice to get the old DR out for a bit.

Glad everyone made it home alive.......LOL

see you next time

RedWolf said:
Cracker, so you actually mean that Staalburger's Honda 230 was ahead of you the whole time? Jeez, a KLR must be very slow then... :)

whatdya mean? staalburger was behind me trying to overtake both of us!

So Cracker, then there was n Honda in front of you that you couldn't caught and a 230 behind you that wanted to overtake you. Jeez man, maybe you should buy a Honda.. :)

Latest posts