Maraisburg Mine dump ride with an Epic Fail!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does your insurance say  ??? Respect , that's one hell of a stoppie !!! :imaposer:

My reputation as a "breaker of bikes" is wholly undeserved.  ;) That title can remain with Jules. On that note, what did he manage to get up to at the KLR day?

This incident was one of those that involved a momentary lapse of concentration coupled with some fatigue and a ditch that gained it's camouflage experience in the old SADF! Fortunately Usurper "walked" away from it with only a bruised ego, and still managed to finish the ride, which was not yet over. A couple of little climbs, some rocks and a river crossing still had to be negotiated.

GeeS, there are a couple of ways, and some very fun ways too! That incident actually happened on one of the routes from the shooting range to the main Maraisburg area.

Next trip is to De Wildt! Some tar  :mad: followed by some breakfast, followed by lots of singletrack,  :) and a beverage  ;D at the 3 Fences shop!

Hel_Bent said:
foot has a small metatarsal fracture, virtually undisplaced -

If you speak to AdventureMX he has all sorts of spares, so I suspect he has spare metawassisnames.

Is it sort of like a footpeg ?

All the hanging on for dear life and technical stuff messed up my wrist. I don't have a lot of off-road experience (maybe 1000-1500km in total) hence me buying the CRF so I can stuff around play and learn. The CRF honestly make you look a lot better than you are. Even with the Sirac front the deep sand wasn't too bad. The thing is soo light that when you start loosing it it's easy to get it back again. I'm going in for an op next week Wednesday and the wrist will be in a cast for 6 weeks but as soon as it comes off I want to do the same route again. Can't wait!

RedWolf said:
So Cracker, then there was n Honda in front of you that you couldn't caught and a 230 behind you that wanted to overtake you. Jeez man, maybe you should buy a Honda.. :)

What for? If you'd have gotten out the way I could have shown you what a KLR can do. Then you'd be wanting to buy a kawa..... :ricky:

Hey, Redwolf and Cracker, be grateful it was Usurper and neither of you behind me. That could have been your bike in the photo!  :D

GundaGunda said:
Hel_Bent said:
foot has a small metatarsal fracture, virtually undisplaced -

If you speak to AdventureMX he has all sorts of spares, so I suspect he has spare metawassisnames.

Is it sort of like a footpeg ?

:laughing4: :imaposer:

lightning1 said:
Hey, Redwolf and Cracker, be grateful it was Usurper and neither of you behind me. That could have been your bike in the photo!  :D

Shit, that's exactly what I was thinking when I first saw it in the ditch! If I hadn't seen the exhaust pipe barely sticking out the ground, I would have joined him.

I am fine, some deep bruising on my right leg. I had a blue spot appear on the side of my leg (not even where I hit it) on Tuesday... something about bone bruising and the blood seeping from behind the muscle..  but its getting better now.
I have put the cover on my bike and used the weather as an excuse for not looking at it.  >:D      I will price the damage later.

RedWolf... I have to admit. I Googled the XR650R this very morning... I am tempted. 

Usurper, do it. It is an excellent bike. I must admit, if I had the money I would have bought a 950se, but would like to own both.

Well, here is a pic of the leg, the black mark down the side is what developed a couple of days later... the bruises on the front is yellow now and on their way out.

Attachments

• DSC01771(1)Smalll.jpg
    DSC01771(1)Smalll.jpg
    95.3 KB
No... the Swedish masseuse mixed up the Veet for the massage lotion. Damn, I hate it when that happens!

Latest posts