Matroosberg... the final frontier...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hondsekierie said:
Eish maar dit lyk lekker daar bo in die berg - het al gesien hoe die manne in daai area base jumps doen met batman suits - ek sal maar eerder die bike vat :ricky:

Congrats Kreef & Michiel - duidelik is julle twee manne met ballas om twee keer met dual sport bikes daar uit te ry :thumleft:

Daai perd met die XT vat egter loshande die prys volgens my as hy tot bo gegaan het  :wav:

Ja hy het. Hy was een van die eerste's.

fat b said:
Great stuff !!! This route is definatly on my short list !

You going on the Twin? Be prepared to alter the cosmetics. Seeing Sack ride his 1200GS up there was
like seeing an ostrage fly, very elegantly as he does, but as I did it for a 2nd time I couldn't help but
think I must be losing my marbles. I know it's been said but the pictures REALLY doesn't do justice
to the incline of the track and size of the rocks.

That said I still think this is an awesome ride, the sort that seperate the "koring van die kaf".

XT in its natural habitat.Enjoyed it so much and met really cool people.Big thanks,StevO!

2 Stroke Dan said:
XT in its natural habitat.Enjoyed it so much and met really cool people.Big thanks,StevO!

pleasure man, the 1st lekker trip of many!

goonrider said:
:dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry8: :angry8: :angry8: :angry8: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Told you.. :pot:

hondsekierie said:
Daai perd met die XT vat egter loshande die prys volgens my as hy tot bo gegaan het  :wav:

Not only made it to the top, he did it quickly and did not topple over once.

Here's my pictures.

On the way up I was a bit late after returning from the early morning ride with the Country Tracks group.
Found the guys about a 1/4 way up all queing up behind someone that fell. Kreef was right at the back
and accidentally dropped the Dakar as the hill was so steep and slippery even to stand still on.

Matroosberg001.jpg

Then we made it for the lookout point, the plastics and that XT got there first.

Matroosberg002.jpg

Matroosberg003.jpg

Matroosberg004.jpg

Matroosberg005.jpg

MrBig and I decided to ride the last bit to the very top and got these pictures.

Matroosberg006.jpg

Matroosberg007.jpg

Matroosberg008.jpg

One can see De Doorns from here...

Matroosberg009.jpg

Matroosberg010.jpg

Matroosberg011.jpg

Matroosberg012.jpg

Matroosberg013.jpg

On the way down I stopped to take a picture of the rock that I crashed on to on the way up. See on the
left hand bottom corner of the picture.

Matroosberg014.jpg

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

very cool riding riding, would love to do it.
maybe a good excuse to come back to CT  ;)

Had a great day..

Met NigelX, MrBig, Kreef, SteveO for the first time, Woestersous first time in 10 years since Leotana.

Not many pics, was huffing and puffing to much to keep up..spoke to the owner of Matroosberg. He reckons the guys that train for ROA does the route, up and down, in 25 min.

Respect to Kreef...he was huffing as much as I, at least he took some (nice) pics.

1. At the bottom....Rooi ge-ty
2. On the way there.
3. Ditto, rest of group.
4 Moi at top...had to stand on the white stuff to cool down.

Attachments

• 2009_09_06_00001_1.jpg
    2009_09_06_00001_1.jpg
    120.8 KB
  • 2009_09_06_00002_1.jpg
    2009_09_06_00002_1.jpg
    78.9 KB
  • 2009_09_06_00003_1.jpg
    2009_09_06_00003_1.jpg
    87.1 KB
  • 2009_09_06_00004_1.jpg
    2009_09_06_00004_1.jpg
    62.9 KB
Lekker,Berserker! Well done + 70% of route with a broken-off gearlever.Noticed you got that
motorcycle version of heel+toe down to a fine art!

Fresh snow this morning on mountains around Worcester.  Should be lots of snow on Matroosberg. :pot:

Stev0 said:
Nice pics. Good to see Andre and Michiel went to the top. I know that last hill climb was monsterous on the heavier bikes so big up!

Check this little section.
20957050Medium.jpg

:eek7:  omg those rocks!!!

lekker 2 c u guys had lots of fun ;D

Beserker said:
goonrider said:
:dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry4: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry8: :angry8: :angry8: :angry8: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Told you.. :pot:

Ek is besig om myself te verwyt..