Monkeyboy lost his rim tape.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
It was a sad moment involving petrol dripping down the tank and making his rim tape peel off. He was close to tears.

In other news I managed to drown the Dommie, and it is sitting at the Cederberg until next weekend. Anyone want to loan us a bike trailer, or a bakkie?

With those two disasters in mind I must say that it was an absolutely fantastic weekend. Lessons were learnt and some fun riding was done, so I can't really complain too much. Although I will...

*Side note: I take my hat off to those women who pillion off road with their partners. Damn that is horrid, uncomfortable, and on long stretches really boring! I miss my bike*

Anyhow; Monkeyboy, BigEasy and myself left Cape Town around 08h30 and met Dirthound at the Engine Winelands stop. Route was decided and we took Bains Kloof to Ceres, and then Ceres to dirt, and then to Oasis. Nice chilled ride and then beer at the Oasis with Grrr, LokiCPT and Scrat. Monkeyboy, Dirthound and myself decided to ride to Sandrift and a possible swim in the river (too damn cold!), and then the boys darted up to the Wolfberg Crags and I headed back to Oasis for more beer and a swim.

7ffd801a.jpg

Pretty view at the top of Bains Kloof
1f1bed5b.jpg

Even more of a pretty view
48fe9f90.jpg

We made it!
3af02d94.jpg

The Dommie in its natural environment
535651dc.jpg

05b59a4f.jpg

*happy sigh
0bc291aa.jpg

Look who we found!
8a5abb3c.jpg

Bikes, bikes, and more bikes.
5cca7a8b.jpg

So beautiful. But so cold. Next time I am swimming in that!
eda7e1c2.jpg

476a21b7.jpg

That evening was spent in a haze of Chantel's ribs, steak and beer. Although my drink for the Cederberg is now Spiced Gold and Gingerbeer. Met Buff and his posse, and Committed and his friend who also has a Dominator! Go Dommies!

Next morning, after a quick breakfast, we decided to do the road to Wuppertal. Amazing. Until the moment stupidity led to the Dommie being drowned. In my own defense everyone had been going on about water crossings, and what to do the previous day, so when faced with a body of water I assumed that I was to cross it. Distractions of bugs in my helmet meant that I did not notice the other 2 going on the road to the left of the water, and I assumed that the road led elsewhere. And the Dommie went down. 3 hours later it wasn't starting, so we decided to get it lifted back to the Oasis, and Monkeyboy and I will go and collect it next weekend.

I feel a bit stupid.

464153af.jpg

d2f4bcb8.jpg

bf075076.jpg

The water that took out the Dommie.
8c671471.jpg

The Dommie's lift back to Oasis
d27445e9.jpg

4 bikes went in, and only 3 came out
839c74d6.jpg

FLOWERS!
888f18fa.jpg

Beautiful.
515770ce.jpg

All in all: Awesome.

Nice RR  :thumleft: there sure was a lot of WD's in the area this weekend.

Sorry to read about you drowning your bike  :'(

My wife also went through that same water crossing instead of going around, it was a spectacular sight  :imaposer:, thank goodness she made it.

You guys are welcome to use my trailer on Saturday if it is just for the day, just let me know.

Garfield said:
Nice RR  :thumleft: there sure was a lot of WD's in the area this weekend.

Sorry to read about you drowning your bike  :'(

My wife also went through that same water crossing instead of going around, it was a spectacular sight  :imaposer:, thank goodness she made it.

You guys are welcome to use my trailer on Saturday if it is just for the day, just let me know.

It was quite spectacular. I had full momentum, and then just lost it.  :xxbah: Glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who didn't notice the road to the left!

Oooh thanks. We are planning on going up early Sat morning, and then coming straight back. I will PM you.

Sorry to hear about the drowned bike MissM....  :(

If it makes you feel any better we also had a slight incident involving the red pig.... Since beers at Oasis went down so well we left a tad late and had to shlep the N7 back.

Basically I found out my bike hates long tar hard riding and drinks oil by the litres.... Just before Piketberg the bike overheated and Loki needed to give me some oil.

Made it home by 19:30 knackered. Hate that @#$%ing N7.... thought it was never going to end.

But I started her on Sunday and she seems fine but a distance cruiser she is not.

Oh no. Sorry to hear, but at least she is working again. Yeah, after riding your recommended route I agree that the N7 is KAK boring!

We spent 3 hours in the direct sun yesterday afternoon waiting for the Dommie to dry out. I am sporting the first burn of the summer season, and it is quite impressive.

Fantastic weekend!  :laughing4:

Lekka ride report  :thumleft:

Lots of man-love going around  :patch:

......but I remembered that these guys also drink at the Fireman's Arms  ;D ;D ;D ;D

8a5abb3c.jpg

Operator said:
Lekka ride report  :thumleft:

Lots of man-love going around  :patch:

......but I remembered that these guys also drink at the Fireman's Arms  ;D ;D ;D ;D

8a5abb3c.jpg

Nothing wrong with a bit of man love! I had told them to "look pretty with each other" and this was their attempt....

Shall we post it up at FA?  :imaposer:

Nice RR Miss M  :3some: :3some:

Pity about your drowning and nice of Kola to help out  :thumleft:

You were missed Rynet! You might have stopped by trying to go for that water....  :eek7:

Grrrr.... said:
Sorry to hear about the drowned bike MissM....  :(

If it makes you feel any better we also had a slight incident involving the red pig.... Since beers at Oasis went down so well we left a tad late and had to shlep the N7 back.

Basically I found out my bike hates long tar hard riding and drinks oil by the litres.... Just before Piketberg the bike overheated and Loki needed to give me some oil.

Made it home by 19:30 knackered. Hate that @#$%ing N7.... thought it was never going to end.

But I started her on Sunday and she seems fine but a distance cruiser she is not.
Ag jou ou hentie ons het tog te lekker gister so ge-cruise teen 160 op die N7  >:D

MissM said:
You were missed Rynet! You might have stopped by trying to go for that water....  :eek7:

Yes sorry I missed it . And hehe you know me too well I would have worried about you more . Seems the guys threw you in the deep end ? :peepwall:

But imagine the stories you can tell when you have purple hair  :lol8: we remember the things that went wrong more than the rest so you had more of an Adventure hehe  :sip:

Rynet said:
MissM said:

Yes sorry I missed it . And hehe you know me too well I would have worried about you more . Seems the guys threw you in the deep end ? :peepwall:

But imagine the stories you can tell when you have purple hair  :lol8: we remember the things that went wrong more than the rest so you had more of an Adventure hehe  :sip:

So true. I have quite the adventure to tell everyone, although my "other" friends do not understand at all why you would want to ride into water in the first place!

It was a wonderful weekend to be out.  Sorry about your bike Miss M.  You join an illustrious band (not me though) who have not noticed the shallow route!  I think you would best be advised to take a trailer and to sort out the bike in Cape Town.

And Monkeboy - a birthday is a fine occasion to slough off the pretentious fripperies of youth such as rimtape.  :imaposer:

Crossed-up said:
It was a wonderful weekend to be out.  Sorry about your bike Miss M.  You join an illustrious band (not me though) who have not noticed the shallow route!  I think you would best be advised to take a trailer and to sort out the bike in Cape Town.

And Monkeboy - a birthday is a fine occasion to slough off the pretentious fripperies of youth such as rimtape.  :imaposer:

Haha thanks Crossed Up. We are going on Saturday to collect it, and then hopefully getting it sorted out here as we have another trip planned on the 28th!

Ps - saw your other bike on campus last week. It is quite pretty.

I did know you had a KLR  :imaposer:

Yip, looks like a stressful ride was had - I would not swim there!   :imaposer:

Attachments

• ruffright.jpg
    ruffright.jpg
    47.1 KB
I've still gotta get round to posting my pics here.

Will do so soon.  :thumleft: