Muzzy Logic used to Locate Geo-cache in Overberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X

Attachments

• MUz.jpg
    MUz.jpg
    227.1 KB
It was always going to be tight, I picked up a puncture on Friday and by close of day on Sat I was still trying to get it fixed.. big up to KTM in P Eiland for sorting me out so quick. So with a bike all fixed and ready to go, a boland ride sounded good to me.. 8 Bells and we were off.. my 1st Wild Dog ride and I was grinning.

Sorry for the poor images but the camera did'nt make the trip, so only a few cell phone shots. This was the stop over site for Geo no 2. What an amazing place, the location of probably the biggest pine tree I have ever seen, and a grave yard from the 1820's..

Bestpitstops.jpg

Onwards and forwards.. we moved onto Geo no 4, if it was left to me alone.. well they would never have been found GPS or not, those things are small, camoflauge and without an experienced giude, you can bee there all day, but the view was to die for, the road in good condition and the weather perfect.

Youhavetostare.jpg

Sometimes, it just seems like we are big kids in a candy store..

Kidinacandystore.jpg

Looks like a great ride  :thumleft:

Sorry I didn't join you - I couldn't get out of my other arrangements...

Great ride!
Some comments

Those graves are some of our ancestors (RooiPoot, Buzzlightyear, thys and myself)...  My great-grandparents were Roux's and le Roux's, and that "begraafplaas" (Goedvertrouw) was where some of there family were buried.  I remember that huge old stone-pine.  Years ago (as a kid) I remember a fig tree growing out of the cleft of one on the other side of the road.

The next shot of the lane of gumtrees just visible to the left of that road, is Pampoenkraal, where we grew up, and where RooiPoot taught buzzlightyear the ropes of staying upright on a bike.  (and where we fell ourselves to bits as kids on bicycles on those gravel roads.)

You just made my Monday thoughts disappear over the horizon, and made me sit up and rethink life.
Thanks

You gave me a shiver now.. I remember looking at the Roux grave, I remembered it specifically cos my old business partner is Mel Roux and I wondered if these may be early decendants of the Roux family.. some of those graves are early 1920.. I mean those are ox wagon, settelers.. it is great to come across gems like these on rides.. The site itself needs some TLC but the unkept nature adds to the feel of just how old these sites are.

OuTop said:
Great ride!

The next shot of the lane of gumtrees just visible to the left of that road, is Pampoenkraal, where we grew up, and where RooiPoot taught buzzlightyear the ropes of staying upright on a bike.  (and where we fell ourselves to bits as kids on bicycles on those gravel roads.)
Youhavetostare.jpg

Wow, iemand het skerp ogies vandag, ek het dit selfs nie eers raakgesien nie, nie verwag die ouens het daar rondgery nie!

Nee man, nou is my dag ook daarmee heen!

Jissou, nou kom al die fandamilie uit die houtwerk uit! Ek glo julle was gelukkig om daar groot te word.

Thanks for the pics Muzzy, will steal them if you don't mind  >:D