My adventure on two Adventures… (The End)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I have to apologize for the late report….

I am fortunate to work with some fantastic people and as luck would have it most of them are adventure riders as well.  :ricky: Our predicament is the same and we have LOTS of time to talk about our bikes, our rides, kark in general, voice our opinions about bikes and of course make fun of the choices of bikes each one owns.  Like I said our predicament is that we can only talk about riding  :bueller: until one of us go on leave.  We work on a four month rotation, four months out of SA then one month home and unfortunately as good friends we never get the opportunity to ride together…. It is sad and I am sure one of these fine days it will be one hell of a dust cloud when we eventually do get together and ride!!  :ricky:

This whole R/R was the result of just one of those discussions over bikes.  I was the next one due to go on leave and I was rubbing it in big time how I will be riding until my ass hearts and will send the boys wish you where here cards.  Telling them about my plans, showing my routs, really pissing them off as normal….  GSJoe said out of the blue that he was looking at the KTM 990 Adventure and he is thinking of selling his GSA to make space in his garage for the 990.  So the deal was done, right there….  :deal: I will bye his GSA and he will have space for the 990.

All was gr8 until we started settling down from the euphoria of spending money and getting new bikes, then reality hit…. His new bike is in Pretoria and mine in Cape town…. Hmmmm….  So I offer to ride the KTM to CT and collect my new GSA…. The deal was done (I was not allowed even a single km of dirt riding on the way down to CT :'( ) so the planning for my adventure began.  I will do 1600km on the KTM to CT, all on that nasty black stuff….  ::) and then do a 3000 odd km heartbeat ride (if you look at the map it really looks that way) back to Pretoria with many via points and some of the most amazing riding available!  :drif:

This is the two I had the pleasure to have fun with
m_DSC05204.jpg

m_DSC05256.jpg