My last minute dash to the bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dusty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
A massive thank you to all involved making the bash such a great weekend !!  :thumleft: :thumleft:

The Karoo on the way up was spectacular....water, flowers and the veldt was green

Because going to the bash was a last minute decision, I had no time to sort out a fresh back tyre.  On the way to the bash, I got into a bit of a tizzy about the minimal tread left...  ::)

In Nieu Bethesda Frannarossi got onto the phone with Nimmo, numbers were being scribbled in the sand, messages sent back and forth. 
Between them plans were being made to get a tyre couriered and fitted.
Thank you to both of you for offering help to someone neither of you even knew .... true gentlemen !  :3some:  :thumleft:

In the end I made it home on the original tyre. My initial concern was because Sundays home trip was to be my longest solo ride ever.

Frannarossi

Nice meeting you and Drazil Dusty.Eks bly jyt dit veilig tot by die huis gemaak met daai agterwiel veral deur daai reen en koue anderkant Willowmore!

The road into camp was one of those big-silly-grin roads.... I could almost hear the Dakar choppers above me....  :ricky:  :ricky:

Frannarossi said:
Nice meeting you and Drazil Dusty.Eks bly jyt dit veilig tot by die huis gemaak met daai agterwiel veral deur daai reen en koue anderkant Willowmore!

Dankie  :thumleft:  Ek dink ek was verniet bekommerd  :)  Daai reen was iets anders  :eek:

Thx for the coffee  :thumleft:  ::)

Fellow bashees  .....

A special thank you to TWE-TWE for a lot of behind the scene organizing   :thumleft:  :thumleft:
On Saturday she came  laughing from the river, I will let her explain ...  :lol8:

Sunday came all too quickly.  I hadn’t ridden for many months prior to the bash and thoroughly enjoyed the much needed helmet time.   Solo riding is new to me and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the trip back to George.  While others seemed to be battling winds on the way home, I had nonstop rain for pretty much 160km.  :eek:

Last stop 20km from home, tired but happy, thanks to my trusty steed

Nice  :thumleft:

Was lekker to see you again...

great photo,s thank u for sharing

Nice Dusty,dit lyk lekker en die wereld lyk mooi  :ricky:

Wolweseun said:
Nice  :thumleft:

Was lekker to see you again...

Thanks, Good to see you guys as well  :thumleft:

Skolla said:
Nice Dusty,dit lyk lekker en die wereld lyk mooi  :ricky:

Hallo Skolla, ja ek het lanklaas die karoo so mooi gesien

Niks so lekker soos n onbeplande op die laaste oomblik besluit trippie nie. :thumleft:

Ek sien daar was ook darem 2 mooi fietse gewees. Wonder waar kom daai mooi stickers vandaan ?  :peepwall:

Dankie vir die deel.

Attachments

• Ben.jpg
    Ben.jpg
    122.5 KB
Thanx Dusty vir die deel van die mooi foto's en die lekker Ride Report...

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

:)
hey Dusty,
dis altyd lekker om jou te sien en met iemand so"like-minded" te kommunikeer... :)

ek sien uit na jou kuier by ons....hopenlik binnekort.!! :ricky:

jy is baie dapper.... :thumleft:

Thanks for sharing Dusty , it was great to see you again  :3some: and lekker to go "fishing" and "photo-stalking" with you  :imaposer: :imaposer:

Well done on the solo ride and come join us again , maybe the Breede Bash ?

Can't believe you had rain all the way back , we had no rain on our trip , lucky for us . Lucky your tyre made it .

Watch out for the November Off Road and Adventure magazine, I believe one of the pics you took of Drazil teaching me how to fly fish made it in there , out on 23 October 2015

Rynet said:
Thanks for sharing Dusty , it was great to see you again  :3some: and lekker to go "fishing" and "photo-stalking" with you  :imaposer: :imaposer:

Great photos and ride you all had

As for you two " Photo-Stalking" now I know what the poor celebs go through with the paparazzi  :lol8:
Rynet, I really enjoyed taking photos of you on your sliding shortcut down the river bank :lol8: :lol8: