NAMIBIA (AS NEVER SEEN BEFORE) - ON THE ROAD AGAIN (MAPS NOW ATTACHED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DirtCopper said:
Uitstekend :thumleft: ;)

Hoe vergelyk die TKC met die Heidenau?

Baie beter grip met die TKC, op nat teer en grondpad, lyk egter nie asof ek baie kilo's uit die TKC's gaan kry nie.

Vaalseun said:
Baie mooi RR met goeie fotos. Dit bly maar 'n voorreg om so 'n trip te doen saam met jou beste maat.

Dankie.
So bek kort jam.  Ek sou dit nie ander wou he nie.

ThysBasson said:
Ai, dis darm maar mooi wereld daai. Daai sand paaitjies lyk te lekker.
Ja, daai sand paaitjies was lekker, lekker los vertel ek jou.  Maar dit is mos deel van die opleiding, of hoe. 

Jislaaik, julle 2 geniet dit seker baie.
Julle report is een van die bestes wat en nog gesien het, wys jou nou net wat foto's kan doen.
Oetie is reg, jy score as jy 'n pilion het wat kan foto's neem, en kan sy neem.
Baie dankie, ek nie wag vir die volgendes nie.
:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

DAY 20  -  ROOI DRAAI TO WARMBAD (KOUEBAD)

Our final stop for the day would be Warmbad.  We had to negotiate the 2 spoor on the D503 back to the main road (C15), from there to Koes, then to Aroab, Karasburg and then on to Warmbad.

A cold front was in Cape Town and you could feel it in the Kalahari.  The wind was pumping cold air early morning.  We had our “boeretroos” (coffee) and we were on the road again.

The D503 back to the main road

100_6989.jpg

100_7018.jpg

100_7025.jpg

100_7056.jpg

100_7062.jpg

100_7071.jpg

100_7072.jpg

100_7083.jpg

100_7088.jpg

100_7089.jpg

100_7107.jpg

100_7108.jpg

100_7109.jpg

The main road C15

100_7118.jpg

This is our route travelled so far

100_7151.jpg

On the road to Koes, it was cold but the road surface were very good with the odd sandy spots.

100_7198.jpg

We will return

100_7245.jpg

100_7246.jpg

The road to Koes is over the dunes, it looks like a roller coaster.  It’s great fun to ride if you have a strong stomach.  It did’nt help me who had a late night and a babbies.

100_7282.jpg

You can stop here for coffee at Koes

100_7348.jpg

On route to Aroab

100_7416.jpg

100_7417.jpg

100_7424.jpg

Kiriis Pan

100_7461.jpg

She’s 9

100_7495.jpg

100_7533.jpg

At Aroab we filled up with Super, no Unleaded, had a warm cup of coffee and a toasted sami.

On the road to Karasburg

100_7652.jpg

100_7703.jpg

100_7716.jpg

Witkruis arend sitting in the quiver tree

100_7750.jpg

These Zebras called us over for a chat

100_7751.jpg

100_7762.jpg

The roads were flat and we covered great milage

100_7789.jpg

Another koringkriek, my wife still hate them

100_7859.jpg

We stopped at Karasburg and stocked up with supplies and tackled the last 60km to Warmbad.  Nothing really to see there.  This was our 1st visit to Warmbad and I suppose our last.  We booked a self catering unit which had no warm water, no cooking facilities and no cutlery or plates.  At least we had a roof over our heads and we could braai. 

DSCN2489-Copy.jpg

Kalahari lamb chops from our friends and spar boerewors

DSCN2491-Copy.jpg

DSCN2495.jpg

WOW !! what a great report... just read it from the start... Definately on my bucket list
Well done with the big loaded tourer 2 up on that sand & water crossings...
Lovely photies...
Im very keen to head up that way soon..
Fanks

Thanks for the moeite writing up such a nice R/R.Very nice trip and good pics,this is a trip of a lifetime.
Was the middelmannetjie on the tweespoor red sand hard ,looks like a killer sand road that.
Another question,what tire pressure did u run the Heidies on?,looks like you just had bad luck with yours.

Vis Arend,... thanks you so much for a truly fantastic RR!!!! :thumleft: The photos are amaizing & all your comments have kept me glued to the seat in front of the PC for the past few hours. I really can't wait to get home tomorrow afternoon after work,... to check if there is another new "riverting" continuation of your really Gr8 RR. :drif: :drif: :drif: :drif: :drif:

Looks like you guys have been having a wonderful time :ricky: :ricky: Travel safe,... & keep it coming. :thumleft:

just finished reading entire RR! awesome!! and i thought hogsback was good??!! looking forward to tomorrows episode!!!

Thanks to all, appreciated.
Skipskop said:
Was the middelmannetjie on the tweespoor red sand hard ,looks like a killer sand road that.
Another question,what tire pressure did u run the Heidies on?,looks like you just had bad luck with yours.
Hard at places, soft at others to very soft.  The dune sections is a killer.  I drove on the middelmannetjie becaise there were more space to manouvre.
On tar the Heidies were 2.2b and on gravel I went down to 1.6 rear and 1.4 front.  Bad luck is my second name.

:hello2: Huge respect to you doing all that with a pillion. Huge respect for your pillion too!!

Like die pillion se photies :thumleft:

Groot respekte om daai sand paaie met n pillion te ry :mwink:

En o ja, na jou report het ek my vrou omgepraat gekry dat ons biejie Namibia toe gaan :biggrin:

A spectacular RR and testament for man,woman and Yami. :thumleft:

If anybody (like myself) had doubts about the durability of the ST1200 this report will put all at ease and instill a lot of confidence.I was wary of the new ST as there is very little RRs with them,this changes a lot of my suspicions.

I find the bridge piece on the new heides is troubling to me also in the loose stuff,cornering is fine but straight up a bit loose,the new heide tyre for the KTMs has a small cut out which helps a bit in the slippery stuff.

Thanks for an awesome report and hats off to Mrs vis arend :thumleft: :thumleft:

Another excellent report. Cant wait for the rest. Geniet dit julle 3.