NAMIBIA (AS NEVER SEEN BEFORE) - ON THE ROAD AGAIN (MAPS NOW ATTACHED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IRISH said:
Absolutely awesome Louis and Nan. I have been reading this every morning for a while now and it really has inspired me to do a Namibia Trip. I always considered it a bit far from EL but I WILL make the time now. Thanks guys.

How can something be a bit far?
That just means more riding!!!  ;D

13000+ photos. Man alive, that is almost 2 every kilometer ! And I thought I can take a lot of photos.

Truly an inspiring RR. Like someone commented, I can also add that if THIS does not make you want to ride... Check your pulse. Or your local paper's obituary column. You might be in there already.

To have a dream is one thing. To live it is the goal, I think.

Bitterlike mooi RR. Baie geluk julle... nou waar gaan julle volgende ??

Baie dankie dat julle ons saam met julle gevat het. Dit sou farking boring gewees het om by die huis te bly.
Mrs Visarend jy moet pak want ons wag vir die volgende RR saam met julle.

Excellent report!  It feels like being there.   :thumleft:

I do have one question.  Was there a particular reason why you decided to go more inland instead of following C34 North up the Skeleton Coast?  I've ridden to and around Swakopmund, but did not go via either of these routes North and was curious to ask if there was a specific rationale behind this route...

Very nice report, was my highlight of the the day for the last couple of days.

Dankie :thumleft:

Valinnipad said:
13000+ photos. Man alive, that is almost 2 every kilometer ! And I thought I can take a lot of photos.

Truly an inspiring RR. Like someone commented, I can also add that if THIS does not make you want to ride... Check your pulse. Or your local paper's obituary column. You might be in there already.

True words!!
A RR like this one has me longing more for being there.

Nogmaals BAIE dankie aan julle 2 en dat julle die fantastiese ervaring met ons gedeel het!! Gelukkig kan ek van julle samevatting aan die einde aflei dat ons kan uitsien na nog sulke droom-ritte!! Net dat ek hoop ons sal nie te lank vir die RR's moet wag nie ;-)  :ricky: :ricky: :thumleft: :thumleft:

But it seems a bit like a 7 liter unmanagable blob. The mounting holes are quite small...
How did you manage to fasten it securily, tieraps?
[/quote]
On top of the sleeping bag when it was full with a rockstrap.  With our 1st stop after filling it up, 80-100km, I would fill the bike again, on the 2nd stop I would empty the bladder, fold it up and pack it away.  At one stage we kept the bladder between me and the wife and had no problems.
I might have a picture that I will post.

Heimer said:
Ek was nie daar nie, maar jy het my laat voel of ek was, en daarvoor se ek BAIE DANKIE  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
RobC said:
Thanks again for a great RR that has inspired so many. :thumleft:
Oom Foe-rie said:
Dit was nou n "Super 10" Ride Report ........................... :thumleft:
:thumleft: :thumleft:

Valinnipad said:
Daar waar die pad ons vat en die wind ons waai.  Ons jeuk al klaar, soek net 'n "sponsor".

blaauw said:
Fantastic report, thank you for sharing.
:thumleft:
Old fart said:
Baie dankie dat julle ons saam met julle gevat het. Dit sou farking boring gewees het om by die huis te bly.
Mrs Visarend jy moet pak want ons wag vir die volgende RR saam met julle.
:thumleft:  Bring net jou eie bier saam die keer, jy het al myne gesuip. :biggrin:

witold_dc said:
Excellent report!  It feels like being there.  :thumleft:
I do have one question.  Was there a particular reason why you decided to go more inland instead of following C34 North up the Skeleton Coast?  I've ridden to and around Swakopmund, but did not go via either of these routes North and was curious to ask if there was a specific rationale behind this route...
:thumleft:  The last time I heard is that no bikes are permitted into the skeleton coast area.  Over and above that, methinks the route we took is much more scenic and the Spitskoppe as well as Aba Huab/Twyfelfontein was on my to do list.

wacko said:
Very nice report, was my highlight of the the day for the last couple of days.
Dankie :thumleft:
chrisL said:
A RR like this one has me longing more for being there.

Spore said:
Nogmaals BAIE dankie aan julle 2 en dat julle die fantastiese ervaring met ons gedeel het!! Gelukkig kan ek van julle samevatting aan die einde aflei dat ons kan uitsien na nog sulke droom-ritte!! Net dat ek hoop ons sal nie te lank vir die RR's moet wag nie ;-)  :ricky: :ricky: :thumleft: :thumleft:
:thumleft:

Julle is YSTERS!!!

Ongeloooflike trip en ervaring van 'n leeftyd ne!?

Louis, ek het nou die hele ding in een sitting gelees. FANTASTIES!!!

Ek vermy gewoonlik Reports oor Suid Wes. Ek was te lank laas daar. :'(

Ek sal terug gaan. A.g.v. van die RR gou.

Jislaaik dankie dis 'n great report.