Namibie - better late than never!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice trip !!  :drif:,
couple of questions,
What was the fuel situation, did you carry extra fuel, or is it water in jerrycan?
Did you buy the knobbies over there?
What time of year did you do the trip and what was the weather like - temperature wise?
Fuel consumption going through the sandy bits
distance per day - what is reasonable for planning purposes?
Did you plan your travel using printed maps or GPS.

Yeah this is one of those must do things in your lifetime.

Tonteldoos said:
Nice trip !!  :drif:,
couple of questions,
What was the fuel situation, did you carry extra fuel, or is it water in jerrycan?
Did you buy the knobbies over there?
What time of year did you do the trip and what was the weather like - temperature wise?
Fuel consumption going through the sandy bits
distance per day - what is reasonable for planning purposes?
Did you plan your travel using printed maps or GPS.

Yeah this is one of those must do things in your lifetime.

Tondeldoos I carried a 10l fuel can with me, but never used it.  The longest stretch I did between fueling stops were 250km.  The 1100 can do 340km before the fuel light comes on.

The knobblies was a goor story.  There was a guy that came from Switzerland on his bike He wanted to go to Cape Town, but when he got to Swakopmund he was gatvol.  He took of the knoblies, replaced it wit road tyres and sell me the knobblies.  Paid him R1000 for both and they had 80% thread left.

I did the trip end of April last year, now excactly a year back.  The weather was perfect, not too cold not too hot.  This is the best time too do such a trip imo.

The sand did not really change my fuel consumption, I got on avg 18 km/l.  And the gravel roads is quite good.  You can use your garage card almost everywhere.  Make sur to take cash with you, the is the exceptions!

I did roughly 250 - 500 km per day.  The first day and the last day were 1000km days.  350 km days is more than enough, it's not a race and there are so nice roads!

I used only maps, the gps went with because I had it....  I took pictures of the map with each days stage.  Marked on every days map was the fueling stations, distance for the day and I highligted the road I planned to ride.

Nice RR  :thumleft:

Woon jy in Somerset Wes?  Ek sien jy het NC nommerplaat!

Jip ek bly in Somerset Wes, maar ek is eintlik van Upington.  Ons boer so 140 uit Upington uit, naby Witsand.  Ek registreer alles in die NoordKaap.

P*ele vir Sannie!

Respek vir julle wat daai sand aangepak het met die swaar bikes. Maar oukei, jy kom darem van die Kalahari af ne?  ;)

Latest posts