Night ride in Atlantis, Sunday 7th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I'm always up for a jaunt to Atlantis and when I saw Kamanya and the likes off heading that way for
a so called "night ride" I got scared.The only remedy was to drag Dustdevil along. We went a bit earlier
and spent some time watching the drifting and burn-outs at that old railway yard near the Atlantis entrance.
I even got some of the action first hand as a passanger in a car without any seats nor trimmings driven by
a really drunk Rasta. He did that thing where they jump out the window while the car is spinning around and
walk away only to jump back in a while later... Obviously I was screaming like a girl... Wow! That was fun.
Will start nagging Dustdevil to put the video up.

Like Etienne warned, the sand was soft as ever. We made it in though without too much of a struggle.

atlantis01.jpg

atlantis02.jpg

I've seen many sunrises in Atlantis but seeing the sun set was totally worth the effort. Such a tranquil atmosphere.

atlantis03.jpg

Since it was a night ride I didn't really make the effort to take pictures although I only thought of it now that
one can probably create really cool images using long exposures. Dustdevil and I made a early exit as I did't
fancy the idea of actually fooling around in there at night, on a Sunday, having to work at the salt mines the
next morning.

I love silhouette photos - that last one is very cool!

Looking at the tracks left, guess who is the heaviest rider? And the lightest?

Pieter Badenhorst from PhotoHire calls us fatty and skinny...  ;D

Attachments

• 804576860_QnQPn-M.jpg
    804576860_QnQPn-M.jpg
    51 KB
Michiel said:
Like Etienne warned, the sand was soft as ever. We made it in though without too much of a struggle.

It looked like we weren't the only ones who struggled on the way out?

Kamanya said:
Michiel said:

It looked like we weren't the only ones who struggled on the way out?

I would definitely do it again, if you don't mind waiting for me again. Plus, how else would I get better if I don't practice?

Mmm did consider that ride....but I am sure glad I gave that one a miss it was cooking that avvie/evening ...we took a sundowner ride..even that was very hot :eek:

and that ride in Atlantis must have brought just a tad of sweat amongst you guys... :biggrin:

will do that another time around....nice ride you guys ;D