Old School ride to Oudshoorn-Ride hard or stay at home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jis Rynet was baie lekker gewees ;D
Operator sorry dat ek jou naam gemix met ChrisL.  so met die agteruitvorentoe manoever.  Ja daai speedo het in my guns gewerk!!
die naald hardloop agteruit.  So in plaas van 40 toe wys my naald 140.  Toe voel ek nou in my noppies.  Die bike ry 140 en dit voel soos 40KM/h.  :imaposer: :imaposer:

Bly julle het veilig in WOester aangekom

what an enjoyable weekend  :thumleft:

who knew a normal non long weekend could be so much fun  :ricky:

had to wash my bike before work today - its still not really clean  :peepwall:

Attachments

• dirty.jpg
    dirty.jpg
    149 KB
Has anybody got a final headcount??

This taken from my tent.

Attachments

• cg3.jpg
    cg3.jpg
    81.4 KB
Fidel said:
Mooi man. :D

I was walking alone in the bush in Anysberg on Saturday morning, looking for wild animals.

Then i heard the thunder.......

Missing it.
Gosh, and you were about the only wild animal I saw in the Anysberg reserve.

Unofficial RR from CT

I met 1Kat, Rynet and Fearless Frikkie around 6:15 at the Winestop with the plan to leave at 6:30.  We still had some riders outstanding so grabbed some coffee.  RickD arrived around 6:30 with N[]vA and AntonW close behind him – all we needed was the man PistonPete. 

While N[]va and Anton filled up, we packed and strapped RickD’s luggage down and showed him the ins and outs of “the hydration pack”. 

Still no PPete – so we phoned!!  Old Piston was still in bed!!  and told him to meet us in Touws.  We left around 7:00 and met Tour and two other riders at the base of the DuToits Kloof pass and off we went.

Ariving at Touws we quickly filled up with one attendant helping.  We met the rest of the group already there having breakfast – another nine bikes.  Two minutes later PistonPete arrived – we were twenty bikes strong.  Unfortunately three decided to take a different rout. 

We left Touws as a group of seventeen bikes around 9:20  heading towards Anysberg reserve.  Had a quick smoke break before we entered the reserve and took a leisurely to the office for another smoke and bite.

Leaving Anysberg I’ve seen a little road leading to the Floris kraal dam from the south – this was where we were going (those dotted line things).  Unfortunately the farmers dammed the kloof and we could not pass this 6.5km water crossing and had to turn back to take the normal road (F.c.t).   

Anyhow, found the road and opened gates, lots of gates, felt like every Km.  After a while I could not get on my bike (broke some little bone in my left foot a week ago), and just waited for the next bike to arrive – sorry PP and Rynet, thanks. 

After crossing gate number 400 we stopped for some lunch and a refuel using our high tech strap on long range fuel tanks.  This is also the spot where “cow” started to show her true colours.  We were 200km down a track, total (planned) distance of 260km and cow showing 130km to go??!!.  Time for planning, decided to take the straight road – that’s the one with the little sandy patch, a 30km sandy patch. 

Cow being Cow, she still reported the fuel station 60km away while I had it in sight, 100m ahead of me.  A GPS is a wonderful thing.  It’s really great for getting lost, or was that finding your way – I never know which.

The Swartberg Pas was as scenic as always, I’m always in aw when I ride it.

We arrived in town around 4:30ich finding and setting up camp. 

I must say, I really enjoy looking for old roads and tracks, roads that fell in disuse over time and wagon trails of the 1700’s, then get some suckers.., err, riders to join me to go check and check if they are ride-able the scenery.

Return trip to follow....

jis my selfbeel het nou net boost gekry danksy smidthey.  Kyk die bike wat staan by my tent.  Lyk amper of dit myne kan wees. 

Gee , I really know I missed out on an awesome ride , Glad you all made it there and back safely.
Erm , I wondered who was going to look out for Bradley`s , but I see AntonW took it to another level , lol.

Lekker RR all.

Next , EC Bash hey !!

I was up at around 6:00 on Sunday with everyone in the house still passed out.  Gavin and I started coffee and breakfast around 6:30.  He was planning on hitting the road early to nurse his bike back to Wildernis.

After packing and getting the rest of the crew going I headed down to the camp site to see how the campers were doing.  I saw a couple of sad faces.  Our departure deadline was 9:00 and had some of the group go and refuel while the late sleepers packet the final bits.

Tour was the last to leave the camp with RickD still struggling to get sorted.  After missing the departure time and everyone keen to go, we finally left RickD behind. 

We headed down the R62 and turned on to dirt about 5km’s ot of town.  This led us back to the foot of the Swartberg via some awesome roads.  We followed the Swartberg to Calitzdorp for some well deserved breakfast. 

From here we travelled up the Huisrivier’s pass to Ladismith for fuel.  We followed the old wagon route, passed Buffels Poort, the Prinsrivier Dam, Fontein Poort, Sewefontein, Gannavlei and Ouberg.  At the base of Ouberg I had my last little dotted line section...  about 4km of not to technical but nice unused track leading to the final stretch to Montague.

Our last refuelling stop.  We all greeted as some were looking to take different routes home.  I sat at around 140 back to Worcester over the pass and home.  As i came down the pass and onto the N1 I could feel the tension building as I saw the cars, traffic and chaos of the city...  Can’t I just turn back.. . ??!

Thanks to everyone that come along.  This trip would not have been the same if everyone wasn’t there.

I cannot wait for the next one.  Already have tracks and trails in mind for the EC bash !

This was one of those rides that should never stop.
After 6 days & 1957Kms to Oudtshorn, the hospitality &
friendship of the Cape dogs was never in question.

The Saterday braai & kuire was at the least to say GREAT.

Thanks to all who attended. Hope to have as good a time at the EC bash.

It will take a lot to beat this weekend.

Arrived home at Km 2435 & planning for the next trip. Hmmmmmm  8)

Mr.T said:
This was one of those rides that should never stop.
After 6 days & 1957Kms to Oudtshorn, the hospitality &
friendship of the Cape dogs was never in question.

The Saterday braai & kuire was at the least to say GREAT.

Thanks to all who attended. Hope to have as good a time at the EC bash.

It will take a lot to beat this weekend.

Arrived home at Km 2435 & planning for the next trip. Hmmmmmm  8)

He T. where are the pics dudes

i really did feel sorry for the family that was camping on the site right next to us  :peepwall:

here i think klein plasie could have warned the people the camp site is pretty big and there was lots of open spaces

they should have told the people stay away from the sites down in the corner - cause they must have had the worst camping experience ever  :patch:

just think - you pitch your tent with the family for a nice relaxing weekend and a biker rally pulls in next to your camp site  ;D

chrisL said:
Dis hoe n stofskoeter moet lyk na n trip!!! :thumleft:

Ek dink dis eintlik n fyn brag met sy chicken strips..  >:D
Maar dit tel nie want dis Anakees daai.