Paradise Rally shocker - never again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK if you guys bear with me for a moment.

Me and two buddies went to the loskop dam area for the weekend. Friday evening we stopped at the Middelburg One-Stop garage, just after the toll gate. There we met a guy on a superbike (if I remember correctly it was a Honda Firestorm) on his way to the Paradise, nice chap, except for the part that he was smelling heavily of alcohol, and noticeably intoxicated, I just don't understand how one can take a chance like that on a bike, at night, on the N4, anyhoo I hope he made it.

Then on another note, we also met a guy (didn't) get his name, on a 1150GS (blue and white) with an orange reflective jacket, What a pleasure it was to meet him and had a nice chat. Wonder if he is a WD? Told us that he had to get the GS because his Goldwing could just not keep up with the GS' his mates drove...

Pistonpete said:
Nou praat jy! You actually going to ride this time? >:D

I am ......... will try (not) to suip a bit less than last time ......... I was still moertoe the Saturday morning and could not make the ride with you  :(

This is Misty's pics of the bike that crashed through the barriers.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    249.4 KB
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    247.9 KB
Rieks said:
Jean was travelling on his BMW K1200S at high speed

Jean is fine this morning. He is a little stif. Wouter is kindly taking him home to Ellisras in his new BMW X6. We thank the Lord for saving his life.

Rieks, I don't want to pick a fight with you - I'm genuinely interested to understand this reasoning:

- Your friend rides a mega bike with top speed of around 270km/h
- He was travelling "at high speed", i.e. I assume he was (far?) beyond the legal speed limit
- which means he was breaking the law
- and endangering his own precious, God-given life
- and, more importantly, perhaps the precious, God-given lives of other law-abiding, innocent citizens (like you and me, for example)
- Where in this logic does God feature, and how did it come about that God saved his life?

Honest answer, please...

growweblaar said:
Rieks said:
Jean was travelling on his BMW K1200S at high speed

Jean is fine this morning. He is a little stif. Wouter is kindly taking him home to Ellisras in his new BMW X6. We thank the Lord for saving his life.

Rieks, I don't want to pick a fight with you - I'm genuinely interested to understand this reasoning:

- Your friend rides a mega bike with top speed of around 270km/h
- He was travelling "at high speed", i.e. I assume he was (far?) beyond the legal speed limit
- which means he was breaking the law
- and endangering his own precious, God-given life
- and, more importantly, perhaps the precious, God-given lives of other law-abiding, innocent citizens (like you and me, for example)
- Where in this logic does God feature, and how did it come about that God saved his life?

Honest answer, please...

and if he died, was God to be blamed?

Growweblaar .... your name says it all. No further comment to you thanks! Find this answer in your Bible.

Dis moeilik. EK weet. Jy sit op n bike wat 300kph kan ry, hoe ry jy net 120kph?

Menslik voel dit nie reg nie.

Maar ja, as jy iemand onskuldig uitvat, is dit genuine n slegte storie.

Soos ek se, mens wil nie, maar tog draai jy die ding so ore tot die pype skreeu!!

Die feit dat hy se die ou het in sy spieel gekyk, en toe hy voor hom kyk to is hy in die veld, beteken die ou het nie die area geken nie. So om dan te jaag IS moeilikheid soek.

Maar al jaag jy terwyl jy die area ken, is ook moeilkheid soek, hoop julle verstaan my......hie hie.

No, that would be the devils fault  >:D

"Hi-jack on"

Spietkop Sinclair eveyday tries to find dominee on his 50cc at fault so he can write hime a ticket.
But always just before he hits the trap he slows down.

One day Spietkop Sinclair stops Dominee and ask how he gets it right to go flat-out and just before he hits the hidden trapo he slows down.

So Dominee say; Brother, the Lord is always riding with me!

Aah says Spietkop Sinclair, I got you - You lift on a 50!! :biggrin:

"Hi-jack off"

According to todays local newspaper The Lowvelder, an average of 2.3 motorcyclist have died per year since Paradise's inception. This weekend app 8000 people flocked to Graskop. 9 accidents were reported from which 2 of which occured on the drag strip but none were serious. Numerous WD comments of this topic were published.

Rieks said:
Growweblaar .... your name says it all. No further comment to you thanks! Find this answer in your Bible.

Huh?

What's my name got to do with this? It's a twist on my middle name, Grobbelaar.

I was referring to the irony that you submit a post about the lack of safety measures at a rally, and how dangerous it is for bystanders, but then you defend your friend who obviously rode way to fast, broke the law, and endangered his own and other people's lives.

Forget about my question about God - that's a red herring, and seems to drag the argument into R&P immediately. I'm just saddened that people don't want to take responsibility for their own actions.

Growweblaar now please answer me on this one. 1. Did i defend my friend, please mention my quote? 2. Do you know how fast he was riding? If he was travelling 120km/h coming into a bend - then it is within the speed limit and any person could have made it - had he not unfortunately because he looked in his mirror - not expecting the bend. 3. How many people normally stand next to the road - between Sabie en White River?
How many people were standing on the strip - 8000 attended - so lets say maybe 2000 at a time - at a public event. So whats the odds? Seems like one can't argue with you. You just dont get it - do you?   

Rieks said:
Growweblaar now please answer me on this one. 1. Did i defend my friend, please mention my quote? 2. Do you know how fast he was riding? If he was travelling 120km/h coming into a bend - then it is within the speed limit and any person could have made it - had he not unfortunately because he looked in his mirror - not expecting the bend. 3. How many people normally stand next to the road - between Sabie en White River?
How many people were standing on the strip - 8000 attended - so lets say maybe 2000 at a time - at a public event. So whats the odds? Seems like one can't argue with you. You just dont get it - do you?   

Yes, you're right.

Latest posts