Planned 2 day Trip to Wuppertal (10th & 11th December 2012)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I finally have the opportunity to enjoy some long overdue “Gravel Travel”. This past year, for me has been all about getting a lot of various urgent work & projects done on our home, hence the fact that I have had to, on many occasions turn down many offers to join in on various “outrides & trips”. :( :(

With my leave officially starting on Monday 10th December & due to the fact that I have over the past few months been building up quite a few “Brownie Points” :biggrin: :biggrin: from all the work I have been doing on our home (which has made Colleen “SWAMBO” very happy :biggrin: :thumleft: :thumleft:)……. & the fact that SWAMBO’s leave only starts from Friday the 14th,…… I have from Monday to Thursday available to get out on my bike & get as much dust on it as possible. :ricky: :biggrin: :ricky: :biggrin: :ricky:

That being said…. I am planning on heading out to the Cederberg Area, as this this truly is a wonderful place to get away for a while to “clear one’s head, de-stress & just enjoy the Awesome beauty” of one of the most beautiful areas we are blessed to have here in the WC, right in our back yard. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Saturday the 8th, I have the last few things to do,….then I’ll be spending the day out with Colleen on Sunday the 9th (as it’s our 17th year Anniversary). That brings me to my plan of action for Monday & Tuesday:

(see both the GPS route & screenshots for more info, of the planned routes)

Day 1: Durbanville to Cederberg Oasis: ± 250km (Durbanville, Wellington, Bainskloof Pass, past Wolseley, Ceres, Prins Aflred Hamlet, then on through to the Katbakkies Pass turnoff & finally on to the Cederberg Oasis).

Day 2: Cederberg Oasis back to CT: ± 400km (Cederberg Oasis, Matjiesrivier, Eselbank, Wuppertal, on through to Clanwilliam via the “Pakhuis Pass” I think it’s called, on to the begining of the “Nieuwoudts Pass” turnoff where we ride a short part of the N7, do another section of an Awesome Gravel Pass I did in my Bakkie in January, past “Bosmansklip/Koningskop 4x4 camp site, past Paleisheuwel, on to & over “Kapteinskloof Pass”, past DeHoek, De Brug, Mooreesburg, gravel roads to Malmesbury, Klipheuwel & back in Durbanville).

I understand that a lot of people will not yet be on leave yet, but I’d like to extend an invitation to anyone that might be keen/interested in join me on this little trip. Even if you are only able to travel with part of the way or even have any other suggestions,… let me know.

Shaun
084 609 2080
[email protected]

Attachments

• Planned 2 Day Trip (10-11 December 2012) via Cederberg Oasis & Wupertal.gdb
    105.4 KB · Views: 22
  • sshot-stitch.jpg
    sshot-stitch.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 349