Riding the Gautrain restricted access road - shortest ride report ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brucet

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
So today I got to ride the service/restricted access road next to some of the Gautrain tracks. Our company was broken into and some items were found by Gautrain security along the track, so they called me to come and identify everything. I had to get special permission to gain access and told them I was not willing to leave my bike on the side of the road so eventually the gave me special permission to ride there. Unfortunately it was at a slow pace and I only did about 20kms. I tried to bribe the guys to allow me to attempt a wheelie down the track while they took a picture but they refused  :imaposer:
I even got permission to cross the tracks.......on foot

Anyway, here are some pictures for the shortest, slowest ride report probably in WD history, but have I broken new ground for a WD sticker?. :ricky:

Attachments

• IMG-1857.JPG
    IMG-1857.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG-1855.JPG
    IMG-1855.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 560
More pics

Attachments

• IMG-1854.JPG
    IMG-1854.JPG
    275.3 KB · Views: 553
  • IMG_1853.jpg
    IMG_1853.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG-1850.JPG
    IMG-1850.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 554
that's more dirt than i've ridden in the last 2 years.
:thumleft:

This thing passes by quickly. Apparently 160km/h but due to the size of it its pretty terrifying

Attachments

• IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 565
  • IMG_1863.jpg
    IMG_1863.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 544
Last ones

Attachments

• IMG_1858.jpg
    IMG_1858.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_1856.jpg
    IMG_1856.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 527
Sorry no idea why some pictures are on their sides. Luckily I wasnt  :ricky:

:laughing4: Brilliant thanks for sharing
Have you got GPS tracks to share?

Mikie said:
:laughing4: Brilliant thanks for sharing
Have you got GPS tracks to share?

:imaposer: no. but look for a long gold thing traveling between Midrand and Centurion. The track runs next to that gold things railway tracks. But I wouldn't go there without permission. Those are serious guards and armed.
When I asked them what they do if they see people walking in the restricted area, they replied, "we fire warning shots above their heads". 

Why thank you sir.    :imaposer:

Brucet said:
Why thank you sir.    :imaposer:

:thumleft: :thumleft:

Tell me, as a high-speed train, I would assume that the entire length of the Gautrain is fenced in with those barriers we see on your photos?

Yes it is but every few kilometers there are roads that need to be crossed and the "service road" does not go over the bridges, so there are locked gates.

2StrokeDan said:
Brucet said:
This thing passes by quickly. Apparently 160km/h but due to the size of it its pretty terrifying

Yes, the size of that bike is truly terrifying. :eek7:

The train or the bike  ;D

Latest posts