Right Around Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorust said:
Please note:

As of next month I am scheduling talks all over the country to raise the remaining funding needed to complete my trip around Africa.  :ricky:

WD talks are freeeeee, on the basis that anyone who wishes to contribute can do so. Or introduce me to potential sponsors I can hound.

Sooooo....if you'd like me to give a talk in your area, get a group of dogs together and drop me a message!  :thumleft:
Hmmmmm.....sounds great, waiting to see the list!

If there is a talk gonna be held down here in CT,.... I will most definately be there  :thumleft:

J-dog said:
How about PE? I'll be there with the engagement ring  :drif:

Thanks James. But a set of tyres would be better appreciated than a ring!  :sip:

J-dog said:
jorust said:
J-dog said:
How about PE? I'll be there with the engagement ring  :drif:

Thanks James. But a set of tyres would be better appreciated than a ring!  :sip:

done!

Haha. Wait I don't need tyres, I'll think of something else.  :pot:

jorust said:
J-dog said:
jorust said:
J-dog said:
How about PE? I'll be there with the engagement ring  :drif:

Thanks James. But a set of tyres would be better appreciated than a ring!  :sip:

done!

Haha. Wait I don't need tyres, I'll think of something else.  :pot:
if you marry James, you'll need big rubbers, hehe.

lots of PE dogs would like to hear,
Come on James, speak you your connections and arrange some sponsors.

And so the visa applications start again. Busy with my Libyan business visa which will cost me a cool R3,5K.  :eek7:

My contacts in Algeria and Tunisia have been amazing in helping me with route planning and general info.  :thumleft:

But now they're starting to send me daily "Kidnapping" reports with location shots.

Better the devil you know, I guess. But still rather disconcerting!  :patch:

Like this was yesterday's update:

Attachments

• 71803_540095289334192_1946284163_n.jpg
    71803_540095289334192_1946284163_n.jpg
    43.8 KB
:sign14:  "And so the visa applications start again. Busy with my Libyan business visa which will cost me a cool R3,5K."

That's HECTIC !!!

Hoop vir jou part dinge raak bietjie kalmer eers. My kiddies wil weet of hulle bangles nog veilig is :ricky:

See Duiwel said:
Hoop vir jou part dinge raak bietjie kalmer eers. My kiddies wil weet of hulle bangles nog veilig is :ricky:

Dankie. Ag wat, hulle sal in elk geval jammer wees as hulle my kidnap....sal hulle oor die rand dryf! LoL
Die kids se bangles is veilig. Wou dit al af stuur...maar gedink ek wil dit eerder self vir hulle gee.  :thumleft:

Ja, moenie stuur nie. sal baie beter wees as jy self gee.  Anyway, hoop jou blokkies val reg!

See Duiwel said:
Ja, moenie stuur nie. sal baie beter wees as jy self gee.  Anyway, hoop jou blokkies val reg!

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

I've downloaded my GPS log of the trip so far for anyone interested. It's a bit big (2,5mb) so I've broken it up to allow me to upload it here.

I'm not sure which format is best?? So I'm going to try upload the .gdb format first (I have it in garmin database format .gdb, and in .kmz format)

Here goes....

Attachments

• SA & Namibia.GDB
    428.6 KB
Shit....the .gdb files are too big.
Okay, uploading .kmz files.  :patch:

SA & Namibia

Attachments

• SA & Namibia.kmz
    238 KB
Angola & Congo

Attachments