Rynet's Birthday bash in the quarry.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capeklr

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Rynet, monkeyboy, superten and myself met at Zone 7 at 12 today.
After greetings, happy birthday wishes we adjusted tyre pressures and headed for the quarry where the three of us proceeded to give Rynet a nice birthday workout. :mwink:
Rynet wanted to practice some steep accents and descents so with some encouragement from us she successfully did them all, except one. ;D
Will be downloading pics now so stay tuned.

Unfortunately I only took a few pics, but luckily Rynet also took some.
First one coming up.
Second pics superten and rynet having a slow race downhill. Nice and controlled descent.
Sorry somehow the two pics got reversed. ::)

Attachments

• quarry 2.JPG
    quarry 2.JPG
    298.8 KB
  • quarry 1.JPG
    quarry 1.JPG
    409.3 KB
Nice and slow controled descent, back wheel locked most of the way. Well done.

Attachments

• quarry 3.JPG
    quarry 3.JPG
    402.7 KB
Superten on his way up, unfortunately I was a bit slow on the shutter and missed the airtime he had.

Attachments

• quarry 4.JPG
    quarry 4.JPG
    291.8 KB
After various descents we took her to a more interesting one.  >:D
Loose stones and at the bottom you have to turn so you need to control the speed.
At first she was very reluctant to try, but she eventually did try successfully.

Attachments

• quarry 5.JPG
    quarry 5.JPG
    459.3 KB
We where not finished yet, found an even steeper descent, with 2 nasty ruts.  >:D
After the 3 of us went up and down a few times with a bit of encouragement she also tried. Successfully of course. :thumleft:
Well done Rynet you certainly conquered your fear of that descent.

Attachments

• quarry 6.JPG
    quarry 6.JPG
    314.4 KB
Happy Happy BDay Rynet  :thumleft: and an excellent way to spend your day  :ricky:

and we never too old to learn  ;)

Nice pics! Happy Birthday, Renette! Sorry I lost my rag at one point: the only thing worse than an audience is one that offers advice.  :dousing:
It was fun though, and Amageza should be a Sunday stroll for you.

monkeyboy said:
Nice pics! Happy Birthday, Renette! Sorry I lost my rag at one point: the only thing worse than an audience is one that offers advice.  :dousing:
It was fun though, and Amageza should be a Sunday stroll for you.

Haha no worries , I don't blame you , those plastics had a lot to say hey ?  :eek7:

And I doubt that Amageza will be a Sunday stroll  :mwink: , but I am getting a bit closer to conquering my fear of downhills  :thumleft:

Thanks guys that was a great birthday spent doing what I love with lekker friends .:3some:

Thanks CapeKLR those fotos came out very nice  :thumleft:  :thumleft:

And thanks for encouraging me -ok pushing me - to do those extra downhills  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Will download my few pics tomorrow morning , thanks guys.

Happy birthday Rynet. :thumleft:
Hope it will be a great year.

Happy happy Rynet.

Glad to see there was NO water on this ride. Well done on building the riding confidence!!

Rynet said:
Thanks CapeKLR those fotos came out very nice  :thumleft:  :thumleft:

And thanks for encouraging me -ok pushing me - to do those extra downhills  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Will download my few pics tomorrow morning , thanks guys.
did you get a candle and a cupcake also? seems like every birthday should have that also.....

Thanks guys,was a pleasure riding with you,always! Unfortunately,poor super tenere will be needing some headrace bearings after this little trip,the top bearing shattered completely, and riding home was not fun.

Renet,you did great,you conquered those hills! And CapeKLR-thanks for teaching us a few things, was a pleasure watching you ride(and drop ;)that KLR).

Monkeyboy,I am sure your students will soon be masters of the english language,you certainly used some words that I have never heard before.

Those w*nkers on the plastics were irritating to say the least.And they certainly didnt help us make friends with the locals,after turning the squatter hood into a dustbowl.What douchebags....

Happy B day Rynet en bly julle het lekke geoefen.  :eek:ccasion15:
Jy se ook niks gister by die spur nie.