Stoetie ry 'n draaitjie..........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoetbul

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Seeing that people fell over their feet to ride with me to Oasis I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of pouring rain. To those that DID NOT ride with, this is for you. :3some: :biggrin:
Thanks to Growweblaar that rode most of the way with me and also Garfield who we found next to the road on Katbakkies. :thumleft:

Like I said, it was pissing when we left Paarl so I did something that I havn't done for many years, ride through the tunnel. we rode in the rain till about halfway to Ceres.
In Ceres we filled up and headed for the R355 via Theronsberg, first stop to be at the Padstal next to the R355.
oasis001-1.jpg

oasis002-1.jpg

En route on the R355 we stopped for something cold and to stretch the legs.
oasis007.jpg

oasis008.jpg

oasis011.jpg

oasis018.jpg

oasis019.jpg

The karoo had some rain and the veld was green:
oasis010.jpg

The R355 was in super nice condition
oasis004.jpg

oasis020.jpg

oasis021.jpg

On the road to die Padstal:
oasis021.jpg

oasis022.jpg

Like I said, the road was in a fantastic condition.
oasis023.jpg

At the padstal we drank something cold again, some other okes on the way to Sutherland stopped for a dop and we bought some stuff.
oasis027.jpg

oasis028.jpg

Food is lekker cheap there, but we were having a braai in katbakkies.
oasis032.jpg

Fokus Veldtie: Prado se voorruit, :3some:

Djirre Stoeta?!  :thumleft: :thumleft: Nie geweet jy kan 'n RR doen nie!  :biggrin: :peepwall:

Daai paaie lyk  :drif:

Veldbrand said:
Lekker Stootpil, maar hoe smaak't my daai eerste voudie is deur 'n bakkie se voorruit geneem...? :mwink: >:D  :peepwall:  :biggrin:

Backup voertuig met wors, bier en kinders.
Eintlik het Stoetie die backup voertuig gereel omdat hy bekommerd was ek maak dit nie al die pad tot by Oasis nie.

Daar was geen trailers betrokke op die trip nie!

We got to our spot and started the fire and prepration for the braai.
oasis037.jpg

oasis036.jpg

oasis035.jpg

oasis039.jpg

Verry nice views from this spot:
oasis038.jpg

oasis040.jpg

oasis053.jpg

These 2 skaaphonne joined for some stick throwing.
oasis042.jpg

Hey Stoetbul,

Was it maybe you that waved at me on Saturday afternoon when I was visiting my folks in Paarl? I drove past a KTM that was about to pull out from the Spar next to Cape to Rio fisheries, I was riding a Triumph Tiger 800.

Cheers,
NeilV.

Talking kak like most men do around the fire :biggrin:
oasis051.jpg

Worsie looks done so we eat.
oasis052.jpg

oasis054.jpg

After we ate, I made sure that the fire was put out, we pack up and left. About 7km up the road we rode past a GSA rider and his wife, I didn't know it at the time but it was Garfield and his wife. About another 2km thurther I came over a rise and looked left, the fynbos was on fire! Some kids for a house not far from there probably thought it funny to start a fire. I stopped, followed by Growweblaar and tried to stop the fire from spreading. The GSA rider also stopped and together with the handbrake and the kiddies we got it under control, goeie daad vir die dag gedoen nou kan ons ma drink!
Still I didn't know who the GSA rider was only to find out when we stopped again. Sorry bra Garfield! :3some:

NeilV said:
Hey Stoetbul,

Was it maybe you that waved at me on Saturday afternoon when I was visiting my folks in Paarl? I drove past a KTM that was about to pull out from the Spar next to Cape to Rio fisheries, I was riding a Triumph Tiger 800.

Cheers,
NeilV.
Nope, that time I was up in the mountains. :thumleft:

Nice. :thumleft: Lyk asof dit lekker was. Baie mooi wereld daar by julle.

We got to Oasis just before 5 and unpacked, I got to sleep in a tent because of my snoring and the rest got a room on top of the bar. We took some photies between the FS's win and the Stormers kak.
oasis057.jpg

Springbokkie came to say hi.
oasis058.jpg

oasis070.jpg

oasis073.jpg

TAKE NOTE OF THE NEXT PICTURE:
There is always talk as to what the best dual purpose bike is. This young man proved to me once again that the best dual purpose bike is the one THAT YOU RIDE, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS. Hats of to you John JR. That YOSHI pipe you can hear for miles and miles up in them mountains. Well done!
oasis072.jpg

Sunday morning at 9 I left and took it baie rustig, was in no hurry to get home and while I was having a smoke break Andy 660 come from the front on his Sunday outing. Nice chatting again Andy. :thumleft:
oasis073.jpg

More mountains.
oasis074.jpg

oasis076.jpg

Onion farming is big in the Ceres district.
oasis075.jpg

oasis077.jpg

Gydo pass is allways a nice place to stop and admire the view.
oasis078.jpg

oasis079.jpg

From Ceres I slabbed it home, had a nice dice over Ceres pass with some superbike, but I know that pass and he didn't so when he gave up I slowed down and took in the view on the last stretch home, this time going over Du Toit kloof pass.
The last photo's shows why I love staying in Paarl so much.........
oasis080.jpg

oasis081.jpg

In the foreground, Paarl rock with Table mountain in the back.
oasis082.jpg