Sunday was Funday :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Every year Fun arranges a ride to commemorate his biffday.

This year was no exception and seeing that he joined the 40something club we had to go big.

Met at the BP c/o Hans Strydomn and  Ou Werf. Got a moerse skrik - hell Fun invited the whole world to join. As it turned out Blazes ride was departing from the same venue - many familiar faces, but they were heading somewhere else. Hell Blazes you sure drew a moerse crowd today.

Seven of us headed out before the  mass exodus and headed of towards Rooiberg, or somewhere near there.

Needles to say not long before we had to make our first stop, after all we had to celebrate a man's becoming of mature age  :thumleft:

KoroKoro.jpg

We travelled north west, making as many celebratory stops as we could. By 12 we realised Rooiberg was not going to see us, so we headed east to Warmbaths for some brunch.

Eventually turned around and headed home after a splendid days riding.

Riding these roads after the first rain is going to be fun - lotsa loose sand around

KoroKoro9.jpg

Excalibur striking a pose

KoroKoro7.jpg

Journeyman in full flight

KoroKoro3.jpg

Honey  striking a familiar pose

KoroKoro4.jpg

We got as far as  Koro Koro bushcamp before we turned back

KoroKoro16.jpg

Welsh showing no respect to a Zamalek. Hell two quarts in the time I drink a regular dumpy  :mwink:

KoroKoro18.jpg

The beautiful Koro Koro Lodge, situated under the second largers Maroela tree in SA

KoroKoro17.jpg

Coming back Journeyman's Dakar popped a waterpipe. A few tie downs later and we were on our way, slowly but surely. Fixing the dakar at the toll gates

KoroKoro19.jpg

Thanks guys it was fun. Lets do it again soon

KoroKoro6.jpg

A few more phodies

Smokebreak somewhere

KoroKoro11.jpg

KoroKoro12.jpg

Another celebratory stop

KoroKoro13.jpg

KoroKoro14.jpg

Lekker loose gravel roads  :thumleft:

KoroKoro15.jpg

Once again, thanks guys  :biggrin:

Jm hope the dakkie carried you safely back home on the last stretch  :ricky:

A lekka ride to celebrate a birthday. Nice one guys  :thumleft:

Good seeing all of you again

Was good to be on a bike again.  8)

Lekker ride and laughs.

Thanks for stopping and assisting when the pipe came loose.  :thumleft: The experience of the "older" guys  :biggrin: came to the fore and was on the road again in no time. Made it home and it will be sorted this week.

Koro-koro seems to be the next choice for a regional Gautie bash. And we can act like hooligans since the place is run by family of Michnus.  :biggrin:

Will post a few pics tonight.

Now that is the way to celebrate one's BDay  :thumleft:

well maybe two gorgeous blonds and some body chocalate would have been fun too  >:D

but a ride with buddies and some zamaleks is always good.  :thumleft:

Good friends and nice report ;) May there be hundreds more bifdays :thumleft:

Lekker ride guys thanks for joining... Was nice to ride with some of you again...

I will post my pics on Thursday as I am on my way to CPT this morning and didn't get the pics off the camera before I left.

9/11 on

BTW Leo, you are breaking protocol here. After having ridden with Fun, you are supposed to wait six months before you start the RR, then post only the first one or two, and then wait some more before posting the rest.

:peepwall:
:pot:
9/11 off.

Tanks for the invite Fun. Nice group of friends, lots of beer and kakpraat. Koro-Koro is a gem. Lots of road to explore in that area. :thumleft:

Just 2 pics taken off the phone, the first is at Koro Koro (What an awesome place)

The second at OHagens in Bela Bela

Attachments

• 23082009250.res.jpg
    23082009250.res.jpg
    151.3 KB
  • 23082009251.res.jpg
    23082009251.res.jpg
    104.8 KB
Leo said:
Jm hope the dakkie carried you safely back home on the last stretch  :ricky:

No problems. Thanks for riding support the last few km's.

Now I have an idea what is must be like to ride convoy as the HD's does.  :biggrin:

Cool Bifday :thumleft: :thumleft: Grt to celebrate i that way.....

I see Leo that you actually stopped at the toll gates...... >:D >:D

GO GIRL said:

He did stop....but he did not pay  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

popipants said:
GO GIRL said:

He did stop....but he did not pay  >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Leo' style...... >:D >:D >:D >:D

Go Girl, yes he stopped, I paid and he sneeked through with me and putting of all the tolgate alarms. Old habbits never die ;D

Thanks guys, was a great day - good to see all of you again, as always.  I got home and passed out literally seconds after I hit the couch!

THANKS!  :thumleft: