Syphon pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adventurer

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Who has ever run out of fuel? :D
Some of the guys here will tell you with great pleasure that I did, very recently. :D :D
But help was at hand, first we tried the KTM, no joy, then the BMW 1200 GSA, no joy, then Peaches' BMW 1200GS, in luck. But it was a mission, I used a small diameter pipe with a pump magafter on the end, one of those goodies that you squeeze and it should draw the fuel up, the biggest problem was the pipe tended to keep it's rolled up form, most of the tanks were near empty, so the pipe would not reach the bottom of the tank where the fuel was. BUT, today during a visit to Touratech, Stephen showed me this item.
DSC00302.jpg

Needles to say I bought it, R118-00. The only problem is you will need another BMW to help you here, :D :D But ALL BMW riders are freindly and will help you out, :D You simply unclip the fuel feed pipe from the tank, a quick coupling, and you attach this devise to the tank, switch on, crank a few times, and fuel will be pumped into the empty tank at a rate of knots. This process should only take a few minutes, not the length of time it took us to syphon 1/2 a litre, a complete waste of drinking time! :D Not to mention the anxiety we caused Steady while he thought up plans of coming to find us in the dark. 8)