Thank you BMW, rubber techies, I need your help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michnus

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Now sit tight and let me tell you a tale that will have you horrified and scared, very scared. And yes, some oke's will come and tell me I must rather buy a bicycle, than bitch about this, small problem.

Look at the picture, see item number 10? That is the ball joint on the Telelever. The rubber housing on this item is there to protect the ball joint, as you educated people obviously know.

Now, the rubber boot on one of my 1200's tore. I did not make much of it as, I figured how much can a ball joint cost you when it decide to stop working, I mean ball joint is as common as toothpaste, now, BMW do not sell spare rubber boots for this item.  :thumleft:

Eventually I decided, maybe it's better to just do something about it, phone around, took the bike to suspension people, nope sorry sir, special this and brand specific that.

Now, not in my wildest dreams would I have guessed that, that, ball joint will cost........over a R1000-00. !!!! I am going to piss away R1k for a part that's not suppose to cost R2. I know it is only my bike that this has happened to so they won't have spare rubber boots, but FFS, this is so ludicrous, I am actually speechless.

So in an effort to save me R1k which I can rather use for beer, is there anybody that can recommend a solution, and Super glue don't last, to this?

Attachments

• balljoint.JPG
    balljoint.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 747