The 1981 R100G/S @ the Amageza

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on Mike, we're all waiting ..... !!!!    :deal:

come now mike...I know it's cold but start the bloody computer and give us the next installment  :biggrin:

Brillent RR.  :thumleft:

Continued….  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I get to the start of the special and everyone looks serious. Well every exept me and Firecoast, not sure who had the biggest smile.

So I’m off, and it goes okay, visibility still a bit low and mud, with rocks. No worries, I go of at my own pace and start slowly catching up on some riders and I hate overtaking someone on small 2 spoor roads. We climb down a mountain and start climbing again, some river crossings, luckily no deep water like on Friday, and my pace feels good. Bike goes well and I start getting a bit more confident.  Oh look out photographer, ie if you see a photographer slow down, they hide were the better spills can be !

In the river bed down below I stop an a KTM rider, His battery is dead, bike fell over floaded the carbs and now after trying it dead. I look up and down the rocky riverbed section and think, no way to push start and the last two riders that have past don’t have jumper cables.

So he (I suck at names big time) suggested we “donkey start the 950. Dude WTF, I ride alone 90% of the time I have no idea what you are taking about! Basically put the back wheels of the bikes together, and let the one bike run the other till there is enough to start her. Well 4 tries later and the BMW in second and the 950 in 6th gear the KTM starts. Never to old to learn and I also know why the best bikes have centre stands.

On to of the mountain again I read a speed limit coming in the next 3 km, and hear a bike in the background? ? ? Move over to the left and there is Master Blaster Tau, on the back wheel, passing me as if I’m taking a leak under a tree, says a quick hello and thanks in one hand gesture and disappears. No fook, I suck at this bike riding thing, can someone please get me out of this!

Thru a little farmhouse area, speed limit 40, little kids and mom waiving, and on we go.  At gate 4000 ±, I meet up with Dodo and Swifty, smoke break time for them, empty the bladder time for me, and I’m off again.

So on and on, over rocks and mud, I have to choose my lines carefully, can’t just blast over everything like the other guys on there newer bikes. Up a hill and down 45-6o degree climbs, but the donkey does good. Pass a couple of people along the way offering help, but all seem fine. Down in the plateau” it muddy and while I negotiate a long stretch of mud I see a light coming from the front, I am on the right track? ? ? is another rider on a XR, (sorry kak with names) he had taken out a bokkie about 3 km into the special, his ribs were stuffed yet he did way more than half of the special, but now the bike was pissing oil and he was heading back to some officials along the route. Bummer man, I really wish I could have help!

at the dorpie I help a dude out with a front flat and not the right tools for the job.  ??? ??? ??? but 2 hour or so later i'm on the road to Merweville and the Sutherland. I had for sum reason forgot to take photies again, and ended up pretty late at camp, just in time for dinner and day two briefing.

The roadbook for day one said 420 od km, and day two was only 190 km. WTF i came to ride two full days, and now they want us too only do 190. I was not impressed, and after coloring in my roadbook fitted it and started drinking around oom Danie and the clans fire, everyone else sleeping and me and Eugene talking kak till late.

I mean 190km is a breeze, I do not need more sleep than 4 hours!!!  :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot:

Attachments

• IMG_4181.jpg
    IMG_4181.jpg
    206.1 KB
  • IMG_4182.jpg
    IMG_4182.jpg
    145.8 KB
  • IMG_4183.jpg
    IMG_4183.jpg
    175.9 KB
  • IMG_4184.jpg
    IMG_4184.jpg
    206.8 KB
  • IMG_4185.jpg
    IMG_4185.jpg
    127.2 KB
  • IMG_4180.jpg
    IMG_4180.jpg
    145.4 KB
Finally, we alraedy thought you were missing.
You only need 4hrs sleep during a ralley, great, by tomorrow we will have your full ride report  :deal:

Great stuff Mike. Now I need to finish mine as well.

DirtyHarry said:
You only need 4hrs sleep during a ralley, great, by tomorrow we will have your full ride report  :deal:

:laughing4:

BlueBull2007 said:

DirtyHarry said:

if I knew that it was so much work writing a proper RR I would have kept it to myself!  :pot:

madmike999 said:
BlueBull2007 said:

DirtyHarry said:
You only need 4hrs sleep during a ralley, great, by tomorrow we will have your full ride report  :deal:

if I knew that it was so much work writing a proper RR I would have kept it to myself!  :pot:

Awesome thanx virrie share bra maar hou op moan en tik bliksim tik. Waar is die res? Schneller! Schneller!
catfap.gif

Long overdue I know, but here is some more!!!!  >:D

Day 2, O0

Got woken up to AC/DC Thunderstruck with that stupid rooster stuck between the speakers :dousing:. Okay , up and at then. We only leave at sun rise from town, so I should have some time on my hands. But the lack of sleep an one zamalek to many, my morning was kind of ruff, once again forgetting stuff in and between the tent and the toilets.

The same story with my  Donkey. Oon Danie and his team helped to jumpstart her again, and we ended up waiting in three’s at the start.

So this will only be a 190 km day, I was not worried and planned to take a couple of photographic breaks on the stage.

Lekker deur die k@k , I forget to reset the trip meter at the f way stop, and only do it about 1km later. Maybe going to bed earlier would be a better option. To late now let’s gooooooo! :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

First section of dirt I started playing with the camera, and dreaming that the only reason I’m behind Tau ::) ::), is because I’m goood! :imaposer: :imaposer:! I followed the road book to the start of the special, but my rear mudguard keeped on touching the D606 over every bum and rut, Not good!!!!

At the start of the special I notice the sub frame is cracked. Ja jou stupid fool, you don’t need to carry a extra shock and way to many spare on the back of the bike on a race/run like this. Strapped it all together as best I could , While FireCoast though I was out of the race, no way lady, this is only 190 km, why would I be out the race. I dumped my tools on the backpack, looked over the Tankwa-Karoo, and took the day on, by the Horns.

Attachments

• IMG_4189.jpg
    IMG_4189.jpg
    94.5 KB
  • IMG_4202.jpg
    IMG_4202.jpg
    120.6 KB
  • IMG_4201.jpg
    IMG_4201.jpg
    77.9 KB
  • IMG_4200.jpg
    IMG_4200.jpg
    112.6 KB
  • IMG_4197.jpg
    IMG_4197.jpg
    118.2 KB
  • IMG_4194.jpg
    IMG_4194.jpg
    117.5 KB
  • IMG_4193.jpg
    IMG_4193.jpg
    129.4 KB
  • IMG_4191.jpg
    IMG_4191.jpg
    128.1 KB
  • IMG_4187.jpg
    IMG_4187.jpg
    75.7 KB
  • IMG_4186.jpg
    IMG_4186.jpg
    78.5 KB
Nice Mike! Keep it coming :thumleft:

Come Mike ... now that you know the feeling of regret .... can you finish the report ?

I think Mike has been there, done that and perhaps moved on...?

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=102497.0

;D ;D ;D ;D

no no still writing, will be done soon!
O0 O0 O0