The 1981 R100G/S @ the Amageza

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike999

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
well well well, were do I start, if it gets boring please inform me.

I have spend allot of time on my "Donkey", replacing and fixing parts, running her every Sunday on all types of dirt roads, doing between 200 and 400 km stretches, with a last minute burn of 650 km. This was planned to increase my riding fitness and checking reliability issues.

I also did some cycling, on my dirt jump BMX  :pot: and hung around on my pull up bar every evening.

In the interim my house got sold and the packing started, as we have to move mid May. Business also had to get some attention, with the last blow in the planning being, I lost my lift on a trailer down to Sutherland. Thankfully Firecoast gave my number to Schalk and so I was ready to go.

Working out the costs for this event I noticed my funds, with all the other money I make going to those dawn "prokerowers" for the new house deal, I came up with a plan to sell some advertising space on my bike, punting it as one of the Oldest bike at the rally.

Not forgetting Stoettie and some chaps who's names were never released to me. to help with the entry fee

A massive thanks has to go out to Touratech S.A, Boogertman + Parners Architects and Blond Productions. Off Road cycles also helped out with some electrical advice, oils and a new rear tyre.

The nerves were at me on Wednesday and Thursday, resulting in me leaving my roadbook markers and pens at home.

A pic of the bike after all the stickers were fitted.
continued

Attachments

• r100g-s_06.jpg
    r100g-s_06.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 865