The tale of the travelling panniers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toothless

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
A while ago I took some soft panniers off the hands of Coles. Unfortunately they did not suit my needs and I put them up for sale again.

In no time Throttle Jockey rose to the occasion and offered to relieve me of the said panniers.
When I bought them from Coles, he offered to send them with Postnet only to find out later that Postnet does not service Fort Beaufort and most graciously delivered then himself. I thought then that a short trip will be most welcome and in true Coles fashion, the wife and I set out this morning for Grahamstown.

At the petrol station filling up. Glorious weather.

Unfortunately I neglected to take pics if the actual delivery but here we are at Gino's in good spirit as we have beer and soon will have food. Anyone try the Castle Blue Label yet? I thought it not too bad.

My pizza (wood fired the only way to have pizza)

My beautiful wife always peruse the menu for a lightyear and then settle on a schnitzel haha. For some reason I could not get het meal uploaded...

The trip to Grahamstown waa taken along the tar road but for the return trip we decided to take the gravel road that crosses the Fish River.

We took a break at the single lane bridge crossing the Fish. Beautiful country this. Check the helmet hair. Jy'n nog steed pragtig liefie!

One side of the bridge

And the other side

A final pose of the pilot before the final leg home.

What a beaut of a day it was with my lovely wife. Good food good company and good riding