To Infinity , and Beyond !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hando

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Well , seriously , what else can I call a ride report where Buzzlightyear was my ride companion and our mission was to explore the stars outside of Cape Town?

Yesterday I developed an itch to take out my old camera and go and play again. And so after a post on WD's me and Buzzlightyear hooked up at a fuel station near us and took the road out of town.

Vissershok pad, then left towards Philidelphia , then right onto the Occultdale road . Right at the T towards Klipheuwel. Left at the T towards Slent road.  And then park and jump the fence at the Windfarm outside Klipheuwel.

Here are some of the pics.

smlIMG_9699_zps78824736.jpg

Buzz doing his thing.

smlIMG_9700_zps0f86b2a9.jpg

smlIMG_9715_zps6efbe321.jpg

Orion

smlIMG_9704_zpsa41c7d66.jpg

smlIMG_9724_zps06ab0163.jpg

smlIMG_9725_zps9c271436.jpg

smlIMG_9726_zps013314c0.jpg

Some last pics of the moon as it set before we hit the way home.

smlIMG_9730_zpsccc703d9.jpg

smlIMG_9735_zps9a1c5108.jpg

Hando jy mors jou tyd deur te werk waar jy nou werk.
Doen fotografie vir n werk. Jy is baie goed en het verseker die passie.

Dankie Chris.

Been there, done that. Het vir 5 jaar as pro fotograaf gewerk. Troues en sulke goed. Dis wat die geld in bring, maar dis nie noodwendig waarvan ek hou nie. Ek hou van die tegniese goed soos hierbo . Maar dit betaal nie.

En my toerusting is heeltemaal te oud. Die kapitale uitleg om nou nuwe kit te kry en weer in daai game in te klim is te groot.

Baie dankie vir die komliment. Ek is baie nuuskierig om Buzzlightyear se pics te sien. Hy het n paar awesome shots gehad gisteraand.

sal later myne laai. Dit was nou lekker om 'n nightride en fotografie te kombineer. en sommer my T63 ook in te scrub. Dit was 'n fantastiese stil aand nie 'n blaartjie geroer nie.

Ribbon-like stripes are airoplanes on approach to Cape Town Intl Airport.

Because shutter is open for a long time the landing and navigation lights of the planes moving past makes the light trails.

Maybe he is referring to the white ribbon? That is from Hanno painting the path with his LED torch.

Here are my shots.

First quarter moon setting

IMG_3253.jpg

Dusk and some stars appearing

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

View towards Cape Town with a plane taking off and the tower on Tygerberg Hill lit by 3 red dots

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

Looking up

IMG_3267.jpg

Klipheuwel at night

IMG_3268.jpg

Orion spinning - the three blue streaks next to each other is Orion's belt

IMG_3269.jpg

The next two shots show lower vs higher ISO

ISO 100 - longer exposure - longer streaks

IMG_3271.jpg

ISO 400 - shorter exposure, almost no streaks

IMG_3272.jpg

Some foreground light painting

IMG_3273.jpg

Hando doing his thing

IMG_3274.jpg

Moon about to disappear behind Klipheuwel

IMG_3276.jpg

That's it folks, thanks for watching  ;D

Thanks for the invite Hando, it's something I've wanted to get into, this was a first time.  8)

Looks nice buzz. Currently viewing on my phone. Looking forward to checking out your pics on my pc tomorow.

Ok , now I have had a proper look.

Nice pics buzz. Glad you enjoyed the trip. We must do it again.

I saw this morning that the resize lost a bit of quality. I'll redo the conversions this evening.

Wow Guys,.... that sure looks Cool :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: Thanks so much for sharing it with us all ;) :thumleft:

Dis nou cool, mooi fotos manne  :thumleft:, was dit net julle twee alleen daar in die veld, nie bang vir spoke nie?  :biggrin:

Op Hando se tweede foto lyk dit of daar iemand reg-op agter buzz staan  >:D

Dis Buzz.

Ek het n baie lang exposure gebruik. Vir die grootste deel van die tyd het hy agter die kamera gestaan , maar vir n kort deel het hy regop gestaan. Dit het daai spook beeld gemaak.

Buzz - daar is 'n idee. Ons moet gaan spook fotos neem in die begrafplaas.  ;)