TOORWATER THE HOT SPRING CONCLUSION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat b

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Because I was rather dissappinted that we never made it to the Toorwater hot springs on our first trip I was determined to go there as soon as possible .This time I was going to let nothing stop me ! MOERVOORT ! Do or die ... and so on . The boys decided that we would do a spot of stealth camping on the first night and meet the girls at De Rust the next day for a leasurly ride through to Toorwater and it's magical hot miniral enriched waters.

The route I planned promised to be a good un .We would ride the dirt from Great brak near Mossel Bay to George , go over the Montagu pass towards Harold , From there we were to go through the Paardepoort on the Kammanassie road to Dysselsdorp ,then on to de Rust for lunch and then camp on the sly in the Kamanassie nature reserve... But it all fell apart...
My well packed machine next to grootvoets one , and Tagsy's KTM
DSC01845.jpg

DSC01846.jpg

At the bridge in the Montagu Pass
DSC01847.jpg

DSC04703.jpg

We didn't stop much on the way to Dysselsdorp and there was alot of construction work going on , I am going to do this strech again at the end of the month and plan on taking alot of pics.
When we reached Dysselsdorp we were pleasantly surprised by the very pretty church on top of a small hill just outside of the town, we decided to go check it out.
DSC01848.jpg

DSC01849.jpg

Dysselsdorp is a lovely little town and worth a second look , they have a catholic monastery there and a licorice factory ... Who would have thought??
From Dysselsdorp we headed to De Rust where we were supposed to pick up the keys for the Kammanasie nature reserve . On our arrival I found out that the git from nature conservation had dropped the keys off in fu$%@ng willowmore !!!! So we spoke to a lovely lady at the tourist Buro who put me in touch with a farmer who had a key .Brilliant I thought , so off we went and that's when the shit hit the fan !!!! We got a bit lost !!! And then the moaning and groaning began .... Tagsy... it's to hot ...my bike is overheating "again as usual" cry cry and moan , so he and Grootvoet mutenied and decided to go back to de Rust .What babies !
We went back to tourist buro and Caroline put us in touch with a lovely place called Meyers Rust three km outside de rust towards Meiringspoort.
When we arrived there an American lady took our R50 each and told us it's "only a 12 km ride up the side of the mountain" It turned out to be a pretty wild ride up a 4x4 track that really saw me kakking off in the heat.
DSC01850.jpg

DSC01852.jpg

Then Tagsy went down ! It was quite refreshing seeing as though I am the one usually eating dirt!
SANY0022.jpg

SANY0023.jpg

I have a video of Tagsy going off at the guys from KTM and I think their ears are still ringing!
Eventually we reached the top and after all the hard riding it was like paradise !
DSC01860.jpg

A lovely braai place , camp chairs , wood , hot showers , and lovely clean crappers ! What a pleasure to take a dump there ! I didn't want to leave the next day !
DSC01853.jpg

DSC01854.jpg

DSC01856.jpg

We did some serious kuiering very serious !!! Notice my custom made riding panties sticking out!
DSC01855.jpg

High on a mountain !!!!!!!!! This is the life !!!!!
DSC01858.jpg

The steeds!
We woke to this after having wind and rain !
DSC01862.jpg

After packing up , it was the challenging road down again and then on to De rust to meet our girls.
We had some breakfast there and proceeded at last to The hotsprings at Toorwater , that had almost become like a urban legend to me !
The guys decided to rest a bit more in De Rust so I went on ahead , I like riding alone because I ride so slow I sometimes feel like i hold my friends up , so I really enjoyed the views and the solitude.
This is what I arrived to.
DSC01867.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

I met the farm manager , a lovely "pretty" lass called Irma who helped me settle in straight away.
It must be said that this place is not a registered campsite and she actually did is a favour by letting us stay for the night.Some people might call it a dump , but me and my friends enjoyed the rusticness of it all .They only have one room that is liveble and the rest camped on the grass, you have to take a bucket of water to the sistern of the toilet to make it work and there is no electiicity ... my kind of place ! Irma had also kindly put up a childrens playpool and we had a steady supply of hot mineral water running in to it , this was bliss !!!!
By 10 o'clock all the booze was finished and everybodies inhibitions had vanished , It must have been the minerals in the water because the next day I could not recignise the people once they had clothes on !!!!!! Ha ha !!!! And Tagsy passed out and slept through all the shenanigans!!!! Loser !!!!ha ha !!!
DSC01865.jpg

DSC01870.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

This trip was really worth it and I decided to ride back to Mossel Bay alone to sooth my head and gather my thoughts, I love the Karoo!
DSC04704.jpg

DSC04705edit_resize.jpg

My last view of the magnificent Toorwaterpoort , but I will be back and I hope many Wild Dogs get to savour it's magnificence as well!

Mooi B. Lyk na n lekker plek. Kan n mini bash da hou.

Great stuff! When are you going to show me this place? ;D

Just a notye to explain the fall, it seemed that my KTMnnnn was overheating for some reason this ha been going on a while I had sent it in to KTM they had checked it out and said it was fine, it was stalling jerking etc.
Hit the erosion bank nothing gave it full throttle them the fu^*ing thing kicked in Howzit airborne....... It seems there  was a problem with the fuel pump whenit got hot was fixed and replaced problem solved. There ears were burning, it was an excellent ride its a pity we can't show the video we shot it was brilliant in places and down right retarded in others, brilliant ride a must to do especially the campsite outside De Rust which has 5***** star abultions on top the mountain...... just make sure you remember your tent pegs Hey Fatb :imaposer: :imaposer:

Tagsy said:
Just a notye to explain the fall, it seemed that my KTMnnnn was overheating for some reason this ha been going on a while I had sent it in to KTM they had checked it out and said it was fine, it was stalling jerking etc.
Hit the erosion bank nothing gave it full throttle them the fu^*ing thing kicked in Howzit airborne....... It seems there  was a problem with the fuel pump whenit got hot was fixed and replaced problem solved. There ears were burning, it was an excellent ride its a pity we can't show the video we shot it was brilliant in places and down right retarded in others, brilliant ride a must to do especially the campsite outside De Rust which has 5***** star abultions on top the mountain...... just make sure you remember your tent pegs Hey Fatb :imaposer: :imaposer:
Ja thanx for catching my tent for me , I was in no condition in my drunken state !

Dankie Sakkie ! Ek werk nou aan die Attakwas ossewaroute wat ons nou onlangs gedoen het ... so stay tuned ! :lamer:

lekka RR Fat B :thumleft:

and Tagsy, i fully understand what happened 2 u & ur katoom ;D

Thanks 1 KAT !
Please don't sympathise with Tagsy , sympathise with poor Grootvoet who had to run down the side of the mountain , thinking Tagsy was in terrible perril ... because when he went down he started blowing his hooter like there was no tomorrow, we thought that he was probably on his last !!! I really must load the video that we took on you tube , you will really kak yourself laughing ! :imaposer:

:imaposer:

I'm getting such good ammo for the ride this weekend... and Tagsy wants to go find snow... first squeak out his mouth and I got loads to tease him about...    :thumleft:

I've still got plenty of ammo , but he's my bitch so I'll tease him when we all get 2getha some day !  :mwink:

The amazing thing is that it's not very difficult to build up an arsenal .... because he has foot in mouth disease ... every time he opens his mouth he puts his foot in it !!! :imaposer:

:imaposer:

I think the next two days are going to be very interesting!  8)

Mary had a little lamb, her father called him Ralph,
Now he's burning in a field, because of foot and mouth. 

::)

Latest posts