TOORWATER THE RR FINALLY !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, dit lyk na 'n lekker adventure ride....daai treinspoor deur die kloof lyk awesome.

Het jy 'n kaart van die pad of GPS punte dalk?

I use 1 50 000 map , it always just seems more exiting , not knowing for sure where the next turn leads ... getting lost is half the fun for me ! You could use a google map or google earth , that should help alot !

Herms, Dit lyk regtig na a great trip !

I think we should give it a bash after the EC Bash on Sunday? (And after the eco trail)
I have it on my GPS maps...

Fat  B , we would like to follow your footsteps,
is there something we need to know in regards a train actually still using the track?

Sakkie said:

I think we should give it a bash after the EC Bash on Sunday? (And after the eco trail)

is there something we need to know in regards a train actually still using the track?
The train uses the track every day , phone spoornet , but don't tell them you want to ride a bike through there ! When we went the local farmer told us we were nuts because the train is apparantly very sporadic !! He said it can come at any time and that we were looking for trouble !!! Ofcourse after that we just had to go ... Ha ha ha !

Sakkie , this time of year might be the best time to go , because when we went it was in the high 30's degrees and that heat is no joke ! :pot:

fat b said:
Sakkie said:

The train uses the track every day , phone spoornet , but don't tell them you want to ride a bike through there ! When we went the local farmer told us we were nuts because the train is apparantly very sporadic !! He said it can come at any time and that we were looking for trouble !!! Ofcourse after that we just had to go ... Ha ha ha !

:eek:

Sakkie
I spoke to the farmer who stays right next to the line, he did mention we are fu$cking nuts but what the hell as FatB says, I must admit I was very doubtful about going through.
It seems the train runs through around 14:00hrs BUT he said it comes through sometimes at 12:00 sometimes later?? If I was to do it again I would probably go through around 08:00 I would think that would be the safest time hopefully.......... maybe stop and ask the locals what time it has come through for the last couple of days.... well worth a ride..... just watch the big gaps keep the speed under 30km and the bridges need special attention. Don't go if its hot that place is like an oven...........

Thanks Tagsy!  :thumleft:
Will try and organise to be there early and speak to the locals on arrival.

There are so many things happening this weekend, that we hope that we can still attempt it.
Plans are changing by the minute..... 

Do it !! Do it !! Do it !!..... Tip... phone spoornet , tell them you want to take some photos and you want to know when the train is coming through , that should give you a pretty good idea.

Thanks - thats a great plan!    :ricky:
Now lets hope we can fit it in to all others (ever changing) plans....    :biggrin:

You guys can maybe sleep at the farm close by , it is dirt cheap R50 and has a kiddies swimmingpool that has permanent hot mineral water ... I will tell you all about it in my next ride report soon ! I warn you however , that water makes you want to drink yourself silly and take off all your clothes ....hey Tagsy ? But what happens on tour stays on tour ??? Ha ha !!

Latest posts