WC Ride to EC Bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sheeeet Gav number2 both Mrs N an I are very happy to know you are home safe and glad the blow out didnt catch you!

isiTututu said:
Thanks Pete - It was a lekker recce indeed, except that I had no intention of going the way I did  :imaposer:

On Sunday, not long after leaving Nduna, on my way north, the "Unstoppable" stopped! I had battery failure, which required the use of BMW-on-call. It cost me the whole day, and meant that my trip restarted in PE instead of taking me into the Karoo, where I wanted to be.
Oh no!!!!! What a bummer.....Dunce, Bradleys, Rynet & Doerengone all had issues to...
Who says a backup bakkie & BMW on call sucks now!

Isitututu, glad you are OK.
Sounds like you had a good ride up until that point.
It will good to ride again together soon,,,,,,,

Hey Gavin are we still on for a visit to Andy this Saturday?
We can plan the next trip at the same time. >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D
I enjoy riding on my own but riding with you guys was great fun and all of you are a good bunch of guys and girls. :ricky:

Isi I got a big fright when I spoke to yesterday afternoon , that incident could have ended very badly , so I am very relieved that you are all right ! :eek:

Now it's just Rov Rat that needs to come back safely , I think he is due back on Sunday , and he is going through Baviaans and Swartberg , so only then will all the West Coast skapies be home safe.

And yes Dunce you are right , you guys and girls rock , it was great fun riding with all of you  , and we must go on another ride soon  :thumleft: :thumleft:

Pistonpete said:
Rynet said:
N[]vA said:
DNF = did not finish

Ok tx , well I made it to Bellville- does that count ?  :biggrin: >:D

and the bike broke about 5 seconds before it started raining so at least I was dry  ;)

And that reminds me the bike collector said in the morning he had a call from a KTM rider to collect his KTM as he hadn't packed in his raingear !!..... no BMW rider would EVER do that  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
He was just making you feel better about your bill dearie!!

Pistonpete Darling you are just in denial about KTM riders being such wuzzies who melt in rain :peepwall: :pot:

Why don't we bet on it , and if I am right I get a slap-up dinner ( another one !!)  ;D ;)

That is a wakeup Isi!! Those twists just after Stormvlei are NICE!! Difficult not to do them fast. :thumleft:
If you need a HeavyDuty tube just let me know.

Dankie al julle brakke, 1 befokte trip. Het so paar kiekies....

Attachments

• P6160009.JPG
    P6160009.JPG
    65.2 KB
  • P6160011.JPG
    P6160011.JPG
    48.7 KB
  • P6160015.JPG
    P6160015.JPG
    89 KB
  • P6160016.JPG
    P6160016.JPG
    57 KB
  • P6160001.JPG
    P6160001.JPG
    82.9 KB
Nog 'n paar

Attachments

• P6160018.JPG
    P6160018.JPG
    49 KB
  • P6160020.JPG
    P6160020.JPG
    98.8 KB
  • P6160021.JPG
    P6160021.JPG
    111.8 KB
  • P6170023.JPG
    P6170023.JPG
    126.7 KB
  • P6170032.JPG
    P6170032.JPG
    92.9 KB
En Nog

Attachments

• P6170036.JPG
    P6170036.JPG
    60.5 KB
  • P6170045.JPG
    P6170045.JPG
    88.9 KB
  • P6170044.JPG
    P6170044.JPG
    123.7 KB
  • P6170037.JPG
    P6170037.JPG
    64.5 KB
  • P6170033.JPG
    P6170033.JPG
    69.4 KB
Ja.. en nog

Attachments

• P6170046.JPG
    P6170046.JPG
    96.2 KB
  • P6170047.JPG
    P6170047.JPG
    84.2 KB
  • P6180048.JPG
    P6180048.JPG
    81.2 KB
  • P6180051.JPG
    P6180051.JPG
    81.5 KB
  • P6180052.JPG
    P6180052.JPG
    35.8 KB
IsiTutu, glad your back safe ...... and thanks for braking our "no Flat " streek  :imaposer: , but at least it didn't turn out to bad though.

Posted by: Dunce  Posted on: Today at 08:54:18 AM 
Insert Quote 
I enjoy riding on my own but riding with you guys was great fun and all of you are a good bunch of guys and girls. 
+1

Ai manne, ek is nou nog siek omdat ek die trip gemis het, maar kan iemand my sê wie daai ou in die aaklige kapoen kleur pakkie is? :p

Snafu said:
Ai manne, ek is nou nog siek omdat ek die trip gemis het, maar kan iemand my sê wie daai ou in die aaklige kapoen kleur pakkie is? :p

I had to Google kapoen.......
Came up with two definitions
- a castrated rooster (dutch)
- a colour somewhere between kak & pampoen

Mmmmmmm........ Now let me see  :mwink:

isiTututu said:
Pistonpete said:
Who says a backup bakkie & BMW on call sucks now!

Of course its nice to have backup, but it pisses me off that these expensive machines (all brands), that purport to be "adventure" bikes, designed to go anywhere, are less reliable than my 15 year old Jetta that is worth next to bugger-all.

Yes, I know, it's a battery, and I shouldn't blame battery failure on BMW (even though they were the ones that selected this battery, and many of them have failed), but it just doesn't inspire confidence. I carry a reasonably comprehensive tool-kit, and believe I can make a plan with most problems, but a buggered (not just flat) battery on one of these computerised machines is a completely terminal ailment.

I bought a new, supposedly no-compromise, bike so that I could travel solo to remote places, and not have to rely on anyone else.
After the failure on the drz and Dunce's 990 and now your 800 I am going to add a voltage and amp meter tot he 690 so I can see when its going tits up

Yea the battery on my GS1200 causes me eternal head aches too . I go for a battery check-up before any long trip, convinced that my battery is going to die any minute , because the Beemers batteries give you not the faintest hint that is about to die. They work super perfect one minute and the next minute they are dead , and it usually happens when you are far from home  ???

So my GS1200 has been on the take- away van twice for battery failure, fortutately both times not too far from hom . A friend's battery on his GS1200 died in Nam, not nice . What else can one do than carry a spare battery or check it every month and hope for the best ? :-\

Yes it was a lekker ride,you guys and girls are the best 8). Andy is hopefully comming out of hospital later ,will chech and let you guys know when he is up for visitors.

bradleys said:
Yes it was a lekker ride,you guys and girls are the best 8). Andy is hopefully comming out of hospital later ,will chech and let you guys know when he is up for visitors.

And we love you too Bradleys , thanks for looking after us in Andy's absence  :3some:  and please let us know about Andy , I would love to visit him over the week-end  :thumleft: