WC Ride to EC Bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 640 still has the original 2007 battery with some 30,000km on the clock.  (hold thumbs, I believe the original KTM batteries are pricey)

I just replaced mine after 3 not trusting it away from home & in the cold...anyone want it? Prolly still has some life if ridden everyday?

Pistonpete said:
I just replaced mine after 3 not trusting it away from home & in the cold...anyone want it? Prolly still has some life if ridden everyday?

Thanks but can't take the chance , my poor bike might turn orange  :imaposer:

Rynet said:
Pistonpete said:

Contamination can be a terrible thing! Yellow or green i understand but if it turns a shade of orange i'd be worried!

Pistonpete said:
Rynet said:
Pistonpete said:

Contamination can be a terrible thing! Yellow or green i understand but if it turns a shade of orange i'd be worried!

Well actually MY bike would handle orange or green or yellow very easily. Its your KTM that I would be worried about cuz if it had to lose its orange colour it would lose it's only interesting feature  :imaposer: :peepwall: :pot:

There is a 'gloves off' thread for this you know! :mad:  But don't worry...i'm sure we won't have to trailer you for a third time to soon... ;D

Welcome home isiTututu, glad you managed to hold the front blowout.

Pete/Rynet: Its not about the pigment of your bike........its about the colour of your blood. If its red, its running rich. If its orange- its spot on.

Pistonpete said:
There is a 'gloves off' thread for this you know! :mad:   But don't worry...i'm sure we won't have to trailer you for a third time to soon... ;D

haha ok I will put my gloves back on now Pete honey  :3some:

Awesome trip guys, & ladies.
Was very lekker sharing the trail with old friends and making some new.
Bradleys & Fourie Kop, thanks for riding support with my chain troubles. Extreme Yamaha in PE (great service) sorted me out with a new chain & set of sprockets while we breakfasted across the road at Red Cherry - nice place.
And RovRat... Coming to the rescue with sharing your headlight for the night ride at the end of day 2. Probably the scariest ride I've experienced (no lights; trying to ride as close to your headlight beam as possible; while cars & trucks blind with brights coming the other direction), but it helped me get to our destination - so a big thanks.
Each day's rain, mud, dust or water was began & ended with the perfect mixture of beer, good food, warm fireplaces and tonnes of laughter.
The only downside to the trip... We missed you Andy. Get well soon, Boet.
;D

2 Stroke Dan said:
Just retract the nails, Rynet. :-\

Haha 2 Stroke Dan you don't like having competition  :deal: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

nemodakar said:
Rynet, what else do you run on that battery?

a 1200cc can't break it in 12 months. :peepwall:

Haha I'm starting to wonder the same thing ???, although this battery which I didn't buy at BMW and cost me 80 % less has seemed to work better, it is now over a year old and still working so let's hold thumbs ! :thumleft:

Rynet said:
nemodakar said:

Haha I'm starting to wonder the same thing ???, although this battery which I didn't buy at BMW and cost me 80 % less has seemed to work better, it is now over a year old and still working so let's hold thumbs ! :thumleft:
Get a optimate 4 battery optimiser , plug your bike in each night , it seems to recondition your battery, mine work very well indeed , and it prolongs your battery life.

fat b said:
Rynet said:
nemodakar said:

Get a optimate 4 battery optimiser , plug your bike in each night , it seems to recondition your battery, mine work very well indeed , and it prolongs your battery life.
thanks FB will try this  :thumleft:

Rynet said:
fat b said:
Rynet said:
nemodakar said:

thanks FB will try this  :thumleft:
pm sent  :thumleft:

Hey guys can someone make a plan to get all these great fodies of PistonPete, Tuareg, Fourie-Kop etc on one CD? And where at RustyB's fodies  ? , he took some nice ones at the fire at Calitzdorp- there where I hipnotised that puppy   :imaposer: Any volunteers to do this ?  :biggrin:

I have loads to load still from the last day I took (80% of my pics) and I am gonna upload Dunce's pics for him too

Thanks Jan,pics and vids on the way.I see i got a vid of you quick through a water splash too.