• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

XT660R for sale (2012 ) SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subie

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR125L
This was used as an adventure bike. Most of it's long distance dirt road km was in Kalahari,Namibia, Northern Cape etc. This is no showroom condition bike some cosmetic damage scratches etc. The bike was ridden hard (57 year old toppie, no old lady ) and maintained even more hard. New sprockets and chain 1600km ago.

If you want a bike to commute with then this is not the best choice. If you want to ride long distance in remote places on dirt roads then this bike is perfect.

Something very irritating on this bike is the anti vibration weight (mounted on a sponge ) in the left mirror has come loose resulting in a very annoying rattle around 110km/h. I have learned to live with it as a new mirror is over R600 last time I checked. Nothing to fix mechanical or do on this bike and I mean nothing. This bike to this day uses no noticeable oil. Only at oil changes
which was changed too often did I bother with checking the oil level. Last trip was a tar road run of around 3500km. I changed the oil before I left and still haven't bothered to check it ,knowing the engine so well. The bike is stock standard (airbox and exhausts )

The bike has got just over 50000 km on the clock. If you are a tyre kicker or joy rider give me and my bike a pass and look for your bike somewhere else.

I am asking R40000 which is non negotiable so please don't ask

Attachments

• DSCN3317.JPG
    DSCN3317.JPG
    280.8 KB · Views: 503
  • DSCN3318.JPG
    DSCN3318.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 497
  • DSCN3319.JPG
    DSCN3319.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 501