Zimbabwe Gravel Travel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E3D169F7-A611-4A7C-B9DD-B41FC1B04CCC.jpeg

Everyone gets kitted up again and walks up the steep path to our bikes.

296909332_5428725583832914_3615056998194503964_n.jpg

The natural beauty of the area continues to amaze me and I find myself constantly wanting to take photos. Everytime I see something I want to remember, Mark has to pull over and either be a prop in my scene or wait for me to take a photograph of my bike with some natural beauty as a backdrop

E2A3662A-BC66-44AF-A693-E499039A72F9.jpeg

@Just Blip It! invented this stupid game for the two of us to play......... Everytime you see a Baobab, You have to shout BAOBAB!! into the Cardo microphone. It was a very irritating game to play for 13 days, even though I was the clear winner at the end of the trip.

View attachment 788031

Ek en W speel windpomp as ons road trips doen. As daar twee is moet jy skree windpomp-wat-pomp :ROFLMAO:

Mark, Treffon and Marc all grew up and lived in Zim for some time. Mark spent his formative years in Chimanimani, the Melsetter. As we ride into town, he shows me where they stayed, where he caught crabs (I did ask… it was the kind you find in the beautiful streams running through town) and eventually he takes us to the hotel where his mother used to work

9596A2E9-CA4E-44F1-AFA5-DDC3B6520E4C.jpeg

Ek en W speel windpomp as ons road trips doen. As daar twee is moet jy skree windpomp-wat-pomp :ROFLMAO:
Dit klink baie beter. Weet jy hoeveel baobabs is daar in Matopos en Beitbrug areas?

Tessa’s Pool

https://chimanimani.com/tessas-pool/
Stunning place!!
Thank you for showing Zim to me Noneking. (y)

Dis n cool "link" Oom Chris.

"Back in the 1950’s while John Ball was building the mountain Hut in his spare time, his wife Lucy was often left with baby Tessa at the refreshing waterfalls and pools at Outward Bound."

Outward Bound was een van daai spanbou aktiwiteit oorde waarnatoe mens gaan as jy op skool is. Vir die week of so wat jy daar is, moet jy elke oggend 6vm begin met n dip in Tessa's pool. Dit verseker dat jy behoorlik wakker is, pappie!

(ek was in 'n seuns skool, ook maar goed want na n dip in daai pool is daar niks om af te show met die uitklim nie)

Dis n cool "link" Oom Chris.

"Back in the 1950’s while John Ball was building the mountain Hut in his spare time, his wife Lucy was often left with baby Tessa at the refreshing waterfalls and pools at Outward Bound."

Outward Bound was een van daai spanbou aktiwiteit oorde waarnatoe mens gaan as jy op skool is. Vir die week of so wat jy daar is, moet jy elke oggend 6vm begin met n dip in Tessa's pool. Dit verseker dat jy behoorlik wakker is, pappie!

(ek was in 'n seuns skool, ook maar goed want na n dip in daai pool is daar niks om af te show met die uitklim nie)
Jy't seker gebank, want as jy dit rerig gedoen het het jy niks kinders gehad nie!! ;)
:LOL:

Day 2 - Bubye to Chishakwe

I wake up in the early hours of the morning with a pounding headache. It is pouring outside - not what you want to hear when there is 340km of offroad riding to be done after breakfast. I take some pain tablets and fall in and out of sleep, the rain on the thatch roof a constant. We eventually wake up to a light drizzle, giving me hope that all will be well on the ride :devilish:

View attachment 787819

Did you check out the pool area? Im assuming its still closed to public?

Last edited: